Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.0 support thread
Flashing, booting it up and configuring was a breeze.
Playing something from your Library is even snappier then before.
Radio still quite looks the same, I was expecting some new ways to explore the world of internet radio by now on moOde.
But using the Spotify renderer.... (sigh).... still with the occasional loud spike coming out of the interface.
I listened to the KRKs and they still don’t like it, so I have to be honest and go back to Volumio. Unfortunately because I saw some other great stuff in moOde 7.

A real pity, and I had a little hope that it was miraculously fixed, but reality is different.
Well, if you would ever find a fix, please let me know on the other threat about the issue.
Do not have many hope it will be, if others would report themselves with the similar board (Hifiberry DAC+ Pro XLR) it would help a bit I guess.
Till then, good luck with all the nice work.
Is there a way to save radio stations and settings from 6.* install to import them into latest release?
(12-19-2020, 03:53 AM)kiwipaul Wrote: Is there a way to save radio stations and settings from 6.* install to import them into latest release?

Real Soon Now. See the question and my answer earlier today in another thread. My aim is to support 6.7.1 (which should also mean 6.6.0 and 6.7.0) -> 7.0.0 and 7.0.0 -> 7.0.0.

Regards,
Kent
(12-19-2020, 04:29 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 03:53 AM)kiwipaul Wrote: Is there a way to save radio stations and settings from 6.* install to import them into latest release?

Real Soon Now. See the question and my answer earlier today in another thread. My aim is to support 6.7.1 (which should also mean 6.6.0 and 6.7.0) -> 7.0.0 and 7.0.0 -> 7.0.0.

Regards,
Kent

Thank You
Superb Library improvements to album sorting !

Many albums that previous MoOde versions only showed in folder view and not tag or album view due to similar names are now showing by using the....
>Preferences>Library (Advanced)>Album Key>FolderPath  option.

This is Great !!

Strange behaviour noted as below...(HDMI is turned off in system tab)
System Info
A U D I O   P A R A M E T E R S

Audio device = DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0
Interface = USB
Mixer name = HDMI
Hardware mixer = Yes

Audio Info
Audio Device

[*]Device DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0
[*]Mixer name HDMI
[*]Interface USB
[*]Formats U8, S16_LE
[*]Platform Pi-4B 4GB v1.1

Yes the interface is USB but why is the Mixer HDMI ?
This device is showing as max S16_LE but is S32 compliant... something is strange...

Edit... fixed by toggling on the UAC2 fix in system tab. (Although no glitches were present prior to toggling on)
Audio Device

[*]Mixer name DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0
[*]Interface USB
[*]Formats S16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
----------
bob
(12-18-2020, 09:08 PM)jonners Wrote: I've downloaded 7.0.0, written it to SD card with Etcher and installed it in my USBridge Sig but so far I've been unable to establish an ethernet connection to the player.
Version 6.7.1 still works OK.

me too
(12-19-2020, 01:50 AM)basmeyer Wrote: But using the Spotify renderer.... (sigh).... still with the occasional loud spike coming out of the interface.

A real pity, and I had a little hope that it was miraculously fixed, but reality is different.

I've been listening to Spotify on Moode 7 for the last 3 hours and no sign of any spikes or any other untoward noises. Sounds completely fine ...
Hi Tim/Team

MoOde 7 installed well, and looking very nice - thanks!
One small issue - RPi2 with Suptronics x400 Dac/amp doesn't output any sound even though the source is playing, and gives the following error message:

MPD error

Failed to open "ALSA default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0": No such file or directory

If I set the Dac to something like HiFiBerry DAC + (which uses same 5122 chipset) all is well, and also gives access to the same chip options - filters, on chip hardware volume etc. I'm guessing the Suptronics setting is not finding the overlay or something?

Regards
Adrian
(12-19-2020, 01:50 AM)basmeyer Wrote: Radio still quite looks the same, I was expecting some new ways to explore the world of internet radio by now on moOde.
On the Radio view, press the cog in the top left, there you will find options for for sorting, grouping and hiding stations. Also, on the three dot menu for each station is an edit command that lets you re-tag the stations if you want to mark some as favourites, or change genres of what have you. Lots of new ways to slice and dice the view.

(12-19-2020, 01:50 AM)basmeyer Wrote: But using the Spotify renderer.... (sigh).... still with the occasional loud spike coming out of the interface.
I thrashed the Spotify renderer really hard while testing it and the worst I could get it do do was the occasional pop on track change when rapidly skipping from track to track. Hardly a "listening" scenario, and I never heard anything I'd call a loud spike. Can you replicate the issue with out your DAC in place?
----------------
Robert
(12-19-2020, 07:55 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Superb Library improvements to album sorting !

Many albums that previous MoOde versions only showed in folder view and not tag or album view due to similar names are now showing by using the....
>Preferences>Library (Advanced)>Album Key>FolderPath  option.

This is Great !!

Strange behaviour noted as below...(HDMI is turned off in system tab)
System Info
A U D I O   P A R A M E T E R S

Audio device = DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0
Interface = USB
Mixer name = HDMI
Hardware mixer = Yes

Audio Info
Audio Device

[*]Mixer name HDMI
[*]Interface USB
[*]Formats U8, S16_LE

Yes the interface is USB but why is the Mixer HDMI ?
This device is showing as max S16_LE but is S32 compliant... something is strange...

Edit... fixed by toggling on the UAC2 fix in system tab. (Although no glitches were present prior to toggling on)
Audio Device

[*]Mixer name DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0
[*]Interface USB
[*]Formats S16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
[*]

Maybe u  forgot to reboot after changing the Audio output in MPD Config? Some of the settings are only picked up during startup. 

I'd recommend turning off the UAC2 fix. I'm not really sure if it's even applicable anymore given the newer kernels and usb audio driver.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub