Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.0 support thread
(12-19-2020, 11:14 AM)adrian311 Wrote: Hi Tim/Team

MoOde 7 installed well, and looking very nice - thanks!
One small issue - RPi2 with Suptronics x400 Dac/amp doesn't output any sound even though the source is playing, and gives the following error message:

MPD error

Failed to open "ALSA default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0": No such file or directory

If I set the Dac to something like HiFiBerry DAC + (which uses same 5122 chipset) all is well, and also gives access to the same chip options - filters, on chip hardware volume etc. I'm guessing the Suptronics setting is not finding the overlay or something?

Regards
Adrian

I just ran a quick test and after setting I2S device to Suptronics x400 the iqaudio-dacplus overlay is added to config.txt. I don't recall changing anything for the Suptronics device in the SQL table but if it should be using the Hifiberry overlay I can change it.

Is there a link to Suptronix product info that states which overlay to use?

Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ cat /boot/config.txt
disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=0
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus
#dtoverlay=disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=disable-bt
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-18-2020, 09:08 PM)jonners Wrote: I've downloaded 7.0.0, written it to SD card with Etcher and installed it in my USBridge Sig but so far I've been unable to establish an ethernet connection to the player.
Version 6.7.1 still works OK.

Hi, I have the same issue with version 7. Wire connection does not to be set up. Wi-fi yes but Moode system is not possible to be configured with NAS. With 6.7.1 setup is easy and end quick.
(12-19-2020, 12:31 PM)karel631 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 09:08 PM)jonners Wrote: I've downloaded 7.0.0, written it to SD card with Etcher and installed it in my USBridge Sig but so far I've been unable to establish an ethernet connection to the player.
Version 6.7.1 still works OK.

Hi, I have the same issue with version 7. Wire connection does not to be set up. Wi-fi yes but Moode system is not possible to be configured with NAS. With 6.7.1 setup is easy and end quick.

Yes, now I'm downgrading to 6.7.1 'cause 7.0.0 it's ethernet invisible...
Allo has identified an issue with our build of the 32-bit ASIX (Ethernet/USB) driver. I'll swap to their build of the driver and post a link to a test image later this morning.
Enjoy the Music!
Thanks for your work on the new release. Setting it up was easy and fast. Sound is quite good, maybe impoved ;-)

Some issues I have experienced.

1. I don't like the new folder-view. Can I easily disable the Enhanced Folder view with cover art?

2. Behavior of moode with tidal via bubble_upnp is quite different.
2.1 When adding tracks to playlist via bubble only one entry is shown in moode-UI. command for next track isn't working. just the playback of the actual track is starting.
->maybe this behavoir is a feature and not a bug ;-)
->playback and control via bubble is working fine.

2.2 I didn't get the cover of tidal tracks loaded via bubble_upnp.

log of moodeutl:
Quote:enhanceMetadata(): error: currentsong file is NULL
->cache of bubble_upnp was cleared. restarting upnp-renderer isn't solving the cover issue.
(12-19-2020, 01:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Allo has identified an issue with our build of the 32-bit ASIX (Ethernet/USB) driver. I'll swap to their build of the driver and post a link to a test image later this morning.

Great! Thank you!
(12-19-2020, 01:29 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: Thanks for your work on the new release. Setting it up was easy and fast. Sound is quite good, maybe impoved ;-)

Some issues I have experienced.

1. I don't like the new folder-view. Can I easily disable the Enhanced Folder view with cover art?

2. Behavior of moode with tidal via bubble_upnp is quite different.
2.1 When adding tracks to playlist via bubble only one entry is shown in moode-UI. command for next track isn't working. just the playback of the actual track is starting.
->maybe this behavoir is a feature and not a bug ;-)

2.2 I didn't get the cover of tidal tracks loaded via bubble_upnp.

log of moodeutl:
Quote:enhanceMetadata(): error: currentsong file is NULL
->cache of bubble_upnp was cleared. restarting upnp-renderer isn't solving the cover issue.

What's the issue with Folder view?
Enjoy the Music!
I’m having a similar issue with the UPNP renderer. Every time I make changes in the MPD configuration the track time starts skipping and it will only play the original track I started. If I restart the UPNP renderer then everything works fine again. Also no to the cover art in the web GUI.

Streaming from Jriver 26

Love the selective Resampling!
(12-19-2020, 01:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Allo has identified an issue with our build of the 32-bit ASIX (Ethernet/USB) driver. I'll swap to their build of the driver and post a link to a test image later this morning.

That was quick!

I'd be happy to test it out if it helps.
Yes I'll meed you gents to test this cos my SIG died a week ago and a replacement has not been shipped yet :-(
Enjoy the Music!