Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 7 Feedback
Thumbs Up 
I just upgraded from Moode 6.71 to the latest 7.0. I have to describe myself: I am not a casual listener, I am a CDA aka as a Certified Diseased Audiophile.

I am extremely pleased with this log awaited updated. The SQ is better across teh board. I hear better Low frequencies, resolution, PRAT, the SQ is closer to Analog!

I as running a RPI 3B+ with the Allo katana Dac, modified and with 3 physical external Linear Regulated Power supplies.

My system is setup like an Audiophile i do not use any of the USB power inputs.

The ALLO Shanti powers the PI, (wires soldered underneath the GPIO and I use the external Power connection for the Katana Dac board. I use  DIY Liner Technologies LT3042 with a toroidlal transformer, wires soldered underneath board and an Acopian +/-15 V LPS on the ouput stage board modified.

My music is housed an on eternal Oyen Digital 4.0TB 2.5 inch Hd with the Allo 5V 3 amp PSU.

The front end is so goo I have not used my Turntable in months.

I applaud Tim and all the others who worked so hard on developing Moode 7.0, Kudos to al of you.
Started using V7 last night and am impressed with this major revision.

The PEQ data entry is way easier than Neutron, but no shelving filter. Selecting the PEQ is easy enough, but might be nice to have the active PEQ displayed on the song playing view, and maybe even a popup to change it there. Don't have and don't need any filter/spectrum analyzer views.

I don't remember the thumbnail views being grainy/noisy on both a computer and smartphone in the previous versions. The album covers display fine in the song playing view. But the thumbnails did load fast. Rebuilt the thumbnails (yes, slow as before) and now the thumbnails are fine.

Really like the tag view for radio stations. A lot. And I can change the tags. YES!! YES!! YES!!

The Preferences seem expanded. Need to explore that. Audio Information now has a track info selection.

System info includes startup info (new?). Seems like a great way to check for problems. Whereupon I found that Moode picked the provider DNS, which often gets very slow/stops, but I didn't find any place in the network menu for DNS address entry.

Great job Tim.
@Monte
Quote:Whereupon I found that Moode picked the provider DNS, which often gets very slow/stops, but I didn't find any place in the network menu for DNS address entry.

That picking is due to your LAN's DHCP service, which tells moOde what DNS servers to use at the same time that it tells what IP to use.

If STATIC address assignment is chosen in the Network Config panel, then all options including name servers must be filled in by hand.

Regards,
Kent
Kent,
Thanks for the quick reply. My Motorola modem/router does not setup DNS addresses, but my Linux PC does so I thought that Moode might also.
wrong thread ;-)