Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
Hello everyone!

Here is my bug:
Failed to open "ALSA default" (alsa); 
Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0": 
No such file or directory

Everything happens after editting the boot/config file and adding two lines that lirc needs:

disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=0
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=i-sabre-q2m
#dtoverlay=disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=disable-bt
dtoverlay=gpio-poweroff,gpiopin=22,active_low
dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown,gpio_pin=17,active_low=0,gpio_pull=down
dtoverlay=gpio-ir
dtparam=gpio_in_pin=26

After removing them and rebooting everything works as it should. Again pasting them in and rebooting -> problem reappears.

My system was updated from 7.0.0 from the mOode position. Should I do a clear install?
Your best bet would be to open a separate thread for this kind of an issue because the saber-qtm overlay and the GPIO overlays your are using are not part of stock moOde.

This thread is really meant for reporting bugs in the 7.0.1 code that the dev crew might be able to fix.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank You for the reply. The reason that I wrote here is because there wasn`t any problem on 7.0.0, the problem occured after the update to 7.0.1. I will try then to make a clean install of 7.0.1. If problems will occur again i will do as You wrote.
Good evening Tim,

I do not manage to run squeezelite on RPI zero W. I've got two zero W (attached to Soekris 1021 and Mamboberry, both i2s) which in the past did not have any problem running moode 6.7.1 and squeezelite. If I take the same SD card (7.0.1) and insert it into an RPI3 squeezelite starts and connects to the LMS perfectly,

I do not have the log file content as I reinstalled the older version. I can get it tomorrow if needed.

Is this a known problem? (maybe I overread some hints  Smile )

Thanks for you answer.

Rgds

Arne

ps.
Happy Holidays,

Thanks for releasing 7 for Christmas, nice present.

I have a problem, when playing songs, everything is fine, when the system is paused or stopped, no more song playing, after 20 minutes the system get stuck, cannot login ssh, or access UI anymore from any devices.
I can see that chromium memory jumped to 75% here(usually 15%) and kswap is working.
(mods are: 3.5"UI for art, not touch, I2C 128x64 OLED display Adrian's spectrum)
What could be the problem?
do you need to see any log?
Alain

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-27-2020, 04:27 PM)hifiapo Wrote: Good evening Tim,

I do not manage to run squeezelite on RPI zero W. I've got two zero W (attached to Soekris 1021 and Mamboberry, both i2s) which in the past did not have any problem running moode 6.7.1 and squeezelite. If I take the same SD card (7.0.1) and insert it into an RPI3 squeezelite starts and connects to the LMS perfectly,

I do not have the log file content as I reinstalled the older version. I can get it tomorrow if needed.

Thanks for you answer.

Rgds

Arne

ps.

it's prolly segfaulting on ARM6 (Pi0). We are using a different compile recipe for squeezelite and I don't recall why the change was introduced.

Maybe someone can see where the issue is and come up with a recipe that will generate a binary that works on both ARM6 and ARM7 platforms. Below is the current recipe.

Code:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// COMPONENT 5 - Squeezelite
//

sudo cp ./moode/other/squeezelite/squeezelite-1.9.7-1270.zip ./
sudo -q unzip ./squeezelite-1.9.7-1270.zip
cd ./squeezelite-master/
sudo sed -i '/OPTS/c\OPTS = -DRESAMPLE -DDSD -DGPIO -DRPI -DLINKALL -I./include -I/usr/local/include -s -O3 -march=native -mcpu=native -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfp' ./Makefile.rpi
sudo make --makefile=Makefile.rpi
sudo cp ./squeezelite /usr/local/bin/
cd ~
sudo rm -rf ./squeezelite*
Enjoy the Music!
(12-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 04:27 PM)hifiapo Wrote: Good evening Tim,

Thanks for you answer.

Rgds

Arne

ps.

it's prolly segfaulting on ARM6 (Pi0). We are using a different compile recipe for squeezelite and I don't recall why the change was introduced.

Maybe someone can see where the issue is and come up with a recipe that will generate a binary that works on both ARM6 and ARM7 platforms. Below is the current recipe.

Code:
//
// COMPONENT 5 - Squeezelite
//

sudo cp ./moode/other/squeezelite/squeezelite-1.9.7-1270.zip ./
sudo -q unzip ./squeezelite-1.9.7-1270.zip
cd ./squeezelite-master/
sudo sed -i '/OPTS/c\OPTS = -DRESAMPLE -DDSD -DGPIO -DRPI -DLINKALL -I./include -I/usr/local/include -s -O3 -march=native -mcpu=native -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfp' ./Makefile.rpi
sudo make --makefile=Makefile.rpi
sudo cp ./squeezelite /usr/local/bin/
cd ~
sudo rm -rf ./squeezelite*

Had to dig an RPiZeroW out of storage to do a preliminary test.

Code:
Dec 27 13:06:43 moode0W systemd[1]: Started Squeezelite renderer.
Dec 27 13:06:43 moode0W systemd[1]: squeezelite.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=4/ILL
Dec 27 13:06:43 moode0W systemd[1]: squeezelite.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

This may take a bit of detective work.

ETA -

For sure a new build procedure is needed:

Code:
pi@moode0W:/sys $ squeezelite -V
Illegal instruction

Regards,
Kent
No luck for me. RPI 3B+ fresh install 7.0.1 and setup as I aways do (SMB library from my NAS), but library did not complete, gui response time do not permit operation, reboot take several minutes to complete. Dashboard blank, I cant navigate to folders, etc. I connect to spotify with success but gui was irrespondible. I will wait no a new release to try a little more. It seems to me to be a problem with library management, with impact gui and other functions.
No issues on my end with 3B+ and Library on SMB mount. The UI is fast and responsive and reboot takes only 20 secs.
Enjoy the Music!
@hifiapo

Hi, Arne.

I've built an armv6 version of the squeezelite renderer which should work on both RPi Zero-Ws (armv6 cpu) and RPi 2-4's. However, I've tested it only on an RPi Zero-W and an RPi4B each running moOde 7.0.1. For this testing, I used a Logitech Media Server v7.9.4 running on a Linux Mint host.

Here's what you'll have to do from the command line of your moOde player

1) download squeezelite-armv6.zip from my Dropbox account

Code:
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyaga2jxnzo5e3t/squeezelite-armv6.zip

2) unzip the file

Code:
unzip squeezelite-armv6.zip

3) as root, copy the unzipped squeezelite.armv6 to the target system directory

Code:
sudo cp squeezelite.armv6 /usr/local/bin

4) finally, save the existing squeezelite binary as a backup in case something goes wrong, and replace it with the new binary
Code:
sudo mv /usr/local/bin/squeezelite /usr/local/bin/squeezelite.armv7
sudo cp /usr/local/bin/squeezelite.armv6 /usr/local/bin/squeezelite

[a less cautious user would just overwrite the old binary...not recommended!]

Reboot just for good measure.

You should now have a working Squeezelite renderer on your RPi Zero-W. Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kent