Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(12-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 04:27 PM)hifiapo Wrote: Good evening Tim,

I do not manage to run squeezelite on RPI zero W. I've got two zero W (attached to Soekris 1021 and Mamboberry, both i2s) which in the past did not have any problem running moode 6.7.1 and squeezelite. If I take the same SD card (7.0.1) and insert it into an RPI3 squeezelite starts and connects to the LMS perfectly,

I do not have the log file content as I reinstalled the older version. I can get it tomorrow if needed.

Is this a known problem? (maybe I overread some hints  Smile )

Thanks for you answer.

Rgds

Arne

ps.

it's prolly segfaulting on ARM6 (Pi0). We are using a different compile recipe for squeezelite and I don't recall why the change was introduced.

Maybe someone can see where the issue is and come up with a recipe that will generate a binary that works on both ARM6 and ARM7 platforms. Below is the current recipe.

Code:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// COMPONENT 5 - Squeezelite
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

sudo cp ./moode/other/squeezelite/squeezelite-1.9.7-1270.zip ./
sudo -q unzip ./squeezelite-1.9.7-1270.zip
cd ./squeezelite-master/
sudo sed -i '/OPTS/c\OPTS = -DRESAMPLE -DDSD -DGPIO -DRPI -DLINKALL -I./include -I/usr/local/include -s -O3 -march=native -mcpu=native -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfp' ./Makefile.rpi
sudo make --makefile=Makefile.rpi
sudo cp ./squeezelite /usr/local/bin/
cd ~
sudo rm -rf ./squeezelite*

Had to dig an RPiZeroW out of storage to do a preliminary test.

Code:
Dec 27 13:06:43 moode0W systemd[1]: Started Squeezelite renderer.
Dec 27 13:06:43 moode0W systemd[1]: squeezelite.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=4/ILL
Dec 27 13:06:43 moode0W systemd[1]: squeezelite.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

This may take a bit of detective work.

ETA -

For sure a new build procedure is needed:

Code:
pi@moode0W:/sys $ squeezelite -V
Illegal instruction

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-27-2020, 06:38 PM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM