Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(12-27-2020, 11:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 10:43 PM)Paccidat Wrote: librespot will not run when volume curve is set to linear. Also see 7.0.0. thread.

I would recommend posting this issue to the librespot team.

Hi Tim,

Are you sure? I run into this when setting this parameter in de Moode UI, so for me it is related to the use case with Moode. Perhaps de addon is not called properly by moode due to a change. As I always set de volume curve to linear straight away, I found it not to work directly after a fresh install and upgrade from a fully functional 6.x.x. verision. After two hours of tinkering about , I finally found a post in the forum about version 7.0.0 that it will only work with the logarithmic setting.

For me as an end user it is hard to determine how librespot is called and whether is it a problem with librespot itself. Is there a librespot team within the Moode community or do you mean the librespot project itself?

Followup: I just ran the librespot command from an SSH session into the moode player. I ran it as follows:

Code:
sudo librespot --name Moode-Spotify-Allo --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 90 --autoplay --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --volume-ctrl linear --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device plughw:0 --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh

As you can see I added the "--volume-ctrl linear" to the command the moode ui executes without linear volume control. After this command librespot is working with linear volume control. Would this mean that librespot is not the cause of the problem?

BTW: I made a donation to this project yesterday (from a different mail adress) because it has turned out to be the best solution for my audio system. Thanks you for this software.!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by Paccidat - 12-28-2020, 08:55 AM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM