Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(01-06-2021, 11:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @pastaman

From the standpoint of moOde, it seems to me we're done here.

Windows isn't Linux and the DAC (ES9038PRO) isn't the same as its USB interface (Amanero on an FPGA). There's nothing we can do if your unit doesn't communicate its full capabilities via its USB interface in a standard way to Linux because moOde/MPD/ALSA get their information from Linux (well, Raspberry Pi OS, but that's a specialization of Debian which is a distro based on Linux).

I see the Audiophonics website claims this player is "USB compatible : Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 ( Amanero driver needed ) Mac OS 10 et Linux". That's for them to prove, not us.

I suppose one last ditch attempt would be to enable the USB UAC2 fix in the System config panel. This setting doesn't do what many people think, but who knows, it might move you a step forward.

Sorry I can't be more help but I can only look at this issue from the moOde side of Linux.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
This morning I installed the Windows driver and indeed connecting the PC with the DAC it will play DSD files over USB. 

But I like moOde far better than anything else out there, plus I realized that the DAC will decode DSD files if I use the  DoP option. 

So that's the way it stays.

Again, thanks for all your help,

Regards,
Marco

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by pastaman - 01-07-2021, 10:24 AM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM