Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(01-08-2021, 02:22 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @RPI4 Rambler 

Hi, Marco.

The first Rule of Holes is, when you find yourself in one, stop digging.

I wrote a pair of Python scripts a while ago which facilitated saving the user-created radio entries from one 6.7.1 player and loading them into another 6.7.1 player. Recently  I added another load script specifically so one could load stations saved from 6.7.1  into a 7.0.x player. See my moode-radio-utils github repo and both its README and README7 files. (Note that I have not yet updated the repo generally for 7.0.x work.)

These scripts are not part of moOde and the file they save and load is not the same as the export file created by moOde.

With 7.0.x, the database radio station schema changed to accommodate new features, which is why you see the error when you tried to import the 6.7.1 stations. (An additional thumbnail image of each station's logo is needed as well.) The procedure written by hjheins predates these changes, which is why you got into your muddle.

If you still have your 6.7.1 image I'd just boot that and run my Python scripts. If you don't, give me a day and I'll see if I can come up with a way to load your existing export file.

Regards,
Kent

@TheOldPresbyope

Thanks so much Kent, I really appreciate it. I'm like a Smooth Fox Terrier, I love digging holes! In this case not so much though. I'll check the status of my old system first; if I can find it among my many microSD cards and backups. But I'll check out your moode-radio-utils in any case. I'll keep you posted. I did copy all stations logos and their thumbnails so that's all present. Perhaps it would be good to have an updated version of Heins' procedure anyhow, if he is still involved with Moode. 

Thanks again & best regards,
Marco

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by RPI4 Rambler - 01-08-2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM