Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
@RPI4 Rambler 

There's no HTML markup like

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>

in my scripts. Looks like you scraped the Python script from a web browser page or somesuch instead of downloading them.

My script saves a .tar.gz file. This is a compressed Linux tar (=tape archive) file. You need the right tool to open it. Typically the file will be rather small compared to moOde's exported stations.zip file because my scripts save only the user-defined stations.

I'm not going to respond in detail to the rest of your post. Mostly you seem to be getting the responses I'd expect from doing the wrong thing confidently.

If you've saved your moOde-exported file from moOde 6.7.1 and can wait a little longer, I'm finishing a hacked version of Tim's import_stations.sh script that will suck the file into 7.0.1 but it will do it ala moOde* rather than ala TheOldPresbyope-script way.

Remember, the behavior built into moOde is, on export, to save all the contents of the Radio directory and, on import, to delete the existing Radio directory and then load the saved one.

This means you lose any customization you did to the curated stations in 7.0.1 before importing the 6.7.1 directory.

Also, the script

1) will not identify any stations as being geo-referenced because 6.7.1 didn't save that information
2) will not adjust for stations whose names or URLs were updated between 6.7.1 and 7.0.1; you'll get the old version
3) will not adjust for changes in logos between 6.7.1 and 7.0.1; you'll get the old version
4) will not preserve stations in 7.0.1 which were not in 6.7.1; they simply will not be there.

These are all reasons why I wrote my separate scripts to deal solely with the user-defined stations. But that's the color of a different horse.

Regards,
Kent

*I like the sound of that. We could call this music player Pi à la moOde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by TheOldPresbyope - 01-09-2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM