Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(01-10-2021, 02:40 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope identified a potential problem possibly in the version of chromium-browser that came with RaspiOS 10.6 that apparently causes it to eat memory after many hours idle. I wasn't able to repro the issue on my end but that does not necessarily rule anything out in this case.

Anyway if it is some sort of issue with chromium-browser there aren't many options going forward other than to wait for a new version that may or may not contain a fix or try testing with the particular version that was used in 671 to see if the problem goes away. I don't have the bandwidth ATM to do this testing but maybe someone will volunteer to give it a try.

-Tim

Late breaking news-

A preliminary experiment suggests substituting the current Vivaldi browser (d/l directly from its devs) for Chromium as the local client may keep the system alive. I'm composing a guide for those hard souls who want to follow in my footsteps. More testers make it more likely any flaws in my approach will be uncovered.

It's not a desirable approach because Vivaldi-ARM isn't considered stable yet so isn't in the Raspberry Pi OS repo.
ETA ... but it may help the few affected users and it also may help illuminate the problem.

Regards,
Kent

Maybe more evidence it's a memory leak in chromium-browser
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1751137
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by Tim Curtis - 01-10-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM