Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
Thats really odd but it could be some sort of bounce like thing. It would require adding debug code to the knob plugin to see if it's receiving multiple touch events even though only one physical tap on the screen.

Maybe try setting the step limit to 2 and see if that helps.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-02-2021, 04:09 PM)Passanger Wrote: Hi

First, what a great update!

My system: pi4b 1gb v1.1, Allo digione signature, Moode 7.0.1 (fresh install)

Sox resampling:
- Selective resampling:Everything works fine with 44.1k source rate, but I can’t get sound from 96k source rate if I use mode 4 and 5, and target 192k. Mode 1 works fine. I tried with high/very high quality, and custom recipes. 
- Quality: For not custom recipes, I read “phase response 50 (Minimum phase)” isn’t it linear phase?

Library / Search: I can’t get any match with the filter [yyyy-yyyy]. If I search [yyyy] works fine.

Thanks!

A little update on the 96k issue.

After a month trying different options, I get no sound in these conditions:

"Selective Resampling" selected, and files bitrate 48K 96K 192K (rest of Sox configuration doesn't matter)

It happens even if i select "Upsample only 44.1k source rate"
I tried a fresh install, but the issue is still there.
I notice is more often when playing files with different bitrates on the same list. Sooner or later, a change from a 44.1K file to a 96k file (or 48K or 192K) will get no sound.

I haven't seen any post with similar issues, so I think I'll have to wait for some "magical" solution  Big Grin 

Thanks
I ran a quick test with Selective resampling set to "Upsample only 44.1k source rate" and a 4 file playlist that included 44.1, 48, 96 and 192 files. I set it to Repeat and played it for about half hour and did not experience any issues. The 44.1K file was upsampled to 384K and the other files were played at their native rates of 48K, 96K and 192K. I'm not sure whats going on in your case.

Enjoy the Music!
(02-07-2021, 01:56 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I ran a quick test with Selective resampling set to "Upsample only 44.1k source rate" and a 4 file playlist that included 44.1, 48, 96 and 192 files. I set it to Repeat and played it for about half hour and did not experience any issues. The 44.1K file was upsampled to 384K and the other files were played at their native rates of 48K, 96K and 192K. I'm not sure whats going on in your case.

I am pretty sure that if nobody reports this issue, it’s something wrong with my Pi and/or digione. 

Thanks for trying
(02-06-2021, 11:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thats really odd but it could be some sort of bounce like thing. It would require adding debug code to the knob plugin to see if it's receiving multiple touch events even though only one physical tap on the screen.

Maybe try setting the step limit to 2 and see if that helps.

Hmmm... trying to remember, but I don't think I had this issue on the phone browser before.  Wonder what could have changed?   Might have overwritten my last SD copy of 6.7.1,  so no quick check for me...   have to see if I still have that around someplace.
I ran into a problem with .PNG cover art embedded in tags of both MP3 and M4A (AAC) files.  

Browsing the library by album showed the generic no-cover-art moOde image on a fair number of albums.  But looking at the tracks of each of those albums would reveal cover art.

I went through some debugging, including:

- Opening the files in tag editors, making some small change and re-saving (e.g. genre).
- Regenerating the album cover thumbnail cache, clearing the browser cache, and reloading (after regeneration completed).
- Trying on alternative browsers (Vivaldi and Firefox).

I noticed in the Kid3 (Mac) tag editor that each album that was missing cover art had tracks with embedded PNG cover art.  When I replaced the PNG cover art with JPG cover art, the problem resolved.

I did do a search to see if this was mentioned elsewhere, but PNG is just so common a term that I was overwhelmed with results, so please excuse me if I am rehashing something already fully explored and explained.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess
Couple of things.

The thumbnail generator will report errors in the Moode log for tracks it can't successfully extract cover art from. Look in /var/log/moode.log

Code:
moodeutl -l

Optionally zip up a couple of files and PM @TheOldPresbyope and myself a download link. One of us will get to analyzing them to see what might be going on.
Enjoy the Music!
Tim,

When I created four test tracks, two in ALAC and two in MP3, one in each with PNG and one in each with JPG, I could not reproduce the problem.

And since I fixed the problem everywhere that it appeared in my library, I've lost the ability to reproduce it or generate useful logs.

If the problem recurs, I will save the file and pass it along, with log outputs.

Thanks, and sorry for losing the forensic and test data that could have explained this.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess
(02-02-2021, 11:15 AM)suzywong Wrote: Mikey,

I do believe you are correct about RP being in San Diego. Love the place. We had a few days there as part of a family holiday about 10 years ago. Stayed out on Coronado, Mum & Dad bummed around the centre and did the zoo & museums up on the hill. Daughters went to Comic Con!

I got the list from the Naim Forum. I have corrected my original post.

Maybe off-topic for this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get the Mother Earth Radio FLAC stream to play reliably?

I have only managed very short glitch-free playback with this 24/96 stream, typically only a portion of one track plays before severe stuttering and dropouts occur.

I tried changing the buffer settings just to see if that might change anything, and it does not, suggesting this is a server side issue. My ISP package is 200mbps download, so it would not appear this is on my end, as Qobuz for example streams perfectly well even at 24/192.

The only on-topic aspect here is that I have had no problems at all with several of the other FLAC streams posted by @suzywong, both my ongoing use of the 4 Radio Paradise FLAC streams with metadata, Radio BluesFlac, and TMEFolk Radio all stream perfectly well with metadata on my end, and the Rondo Klasu Pro FLAC stream does too though without any metadata. 

My testing input here is those FLAC streams above could certainly be included as standard in the upcoming Moode 7.1, but Mother Earth Radio decidedly not, which is too bad, seems like they offer a very interesting and eclectic mix.
Hi Tim-- just moved over to 7.0.1 from Volumio and am very pleased with the Tidal audio improvements. Using bubbleupnp on my android tablet , but cant get to the radio stations from there. Tried getting the Moode player on the tablet but no joy.. used the .local and the IP route but nothing doing.. any advice welcomed.
thanks  Huh