Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
I ran into a problem with .PNG cover art embedded in tags of both MP3 and M4A (AAC) files.  

Browsing the library by album showed the generic no-cover-art moOde image on a fair number of albums.  But looking at the tracks of each of those albums would reveal cover art.

I went through some debugging, including:

- Opening the files in tag editors, making some small change and re-saving (e.g. genre).
- Regenerating the album cover thumbnail cache, clearing the browser cache, and reloading (after regeneration completed).
- Trying on alternative browsers (Vivaldi and Firefox).

I noticed in the Kid3 (Mac) tag editor that each album that was missing cover art had tracks with embedded PNG cover art.  When I replaced the PNG cover art with JPG cover art, the problem resolved.

I did do a search to see if this was mentioned elsewhere, but PNG is just so common a term that I was overwhelmed with results, so please excuse me if I am rehashing something already fully explored and explained.
Cheers,
  Miss Sissy Princess

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by Miss Sissy Princess - 02-11-2021, 03:40 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM