Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(02-17-2021, 06:15 AM)drfous Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 12:08 PM)lamode Wrote: I have mentioned my connectivity issues with 7.0.1 several times but I didn't get a useful response so far. Could someone please help explain why 6.x was rock solid for me but updating to 7.x has caused many disconnections every day: moode.local not reachable sometimes, or UPnP service dropping (between uses but not while playing a track), or SSH not accessible. Sometimes the mode.local website is not accessible but I can still SSH to pi@moode.local. If Moode drops out then it seems to come back every time without a restart being necessary but it can take from a few minutes to half an hour. It's driving me crazy. If I can't find the issue then I will revert to 6.x.

I'm having these same issues.  GUI connection is spotty.  Same with Airplay, Spotify and UPNP.  

I've reflashed the card.  Tried wifi and lan.  No bueno.

I know the pi is connected and working.  MPD auto plays.

pi 4b 4gig usb to dac

I've noticed in the past when flashing to a new version that the network discovery type access methods (moode.local, spotify, UPnP and so on) can get confused.  I guess some devices in the chain think the device is different, others think it is the same, confusion results.
I have largely mitigated this by assigning static addresses, so my moOde players always have the same IP no matter how often the other things change.  In fact every device that regularly attaches to my network has a static address.  Prior to this, I found shutting down everything in chain (phone/tablet/PC, router/repeater/switches, moOde devices) waiting a few minutes for then restarting the network components, then the moOde devices, then the access devices would sort things out.
----------------
Robert

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by the_bertrum - 02-17-2021, 09:13 AM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM