Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
(02-17-2021, 07:01 PM)drfous Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 04:14 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 01:57 PM)drfous Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions.

I've got 3 different pi streamers all running MoOde.  Only 1 is having issues.  I've tried different power supplies.  I'll check the logs. I'm thinking it's hardware somehow.

So what is the same and what is different about the three? In particular, tell us about any difference in the networking involved. What's the ISP and the router (and the router AP in the case of running moOde as a WiFi client).

Regards,
Kent

I've got 2 Pi 4s and 1 3.  They are all connected to the same network.  It is possible they are on different APs.  The one that's been giving me issues is connected to the LAN at the moment.  That didn't seem to make a difference.

Router is running pfSense.

Ok, so since your log output was from an RPi4B I infer moOde on one RPi4B is working ok and moOde on the other is not. That combined with your remark that switching between WiFi and Ethernet does not affect the issue seems to rule out the problems with WiFi adapters or APs which have plagued some users.

The fact that you are running pfSense suggests to me you know a good deal about networking already but it also opens the door to mischief because of all of its possible settings and plugins. I don't know enough about it to make suggestions, especially if you are running multiple LANs or VLANs, but the InterWeb™ is full of posts about it.

The moOde WebUI depends first and foremost on plain-old TCP/IP traffic directly to/from the moOde player. One can't get more basic than that. Any use of the .local pseudo-domain depends also on mDNS traffic to find the target host and involves IP multicast queries and UDP packets. The various renderers you mention depend on mDNS and on related services such as DNS-Service Discovery (DNS-SD) to get connected and configured.

There are tools available for exploring all these networking protocols on your network. I use some on my Linux laptop and some on my Android phone to discover hosts and services.

In my own case, over time I've run various releases of moOde on wired and wireless LANs driven from cable modems/routers/APs supplied by three different ISPs (Comcase, Verizon, RCN) as well as some personal networking gear. This with RPi Zeros, 2Bs, 3Bs (and various WiFi adapters), 3B+s, and now 4Bs. It may just have been dumb luck but I've not had connectivity problems including now with moOde 7.0.1 (and moOde 7.1.0 TR1, but that's another story).

Wish I had a concrete plan of action but suggestions like Tim's are all that come to mind: look for odd behavior when pinging or do some packet sniffing to see if you're getting packet storms or other anomalous behavior on the LAN (or a specific segment).

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by efung - 02-04-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - by TheOldPresbyope - 02-18-2021, 12:54 AM
RE: Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release - by JonPike - 02-06-2021, 10:05 PM