Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Difference between library regenerate and update? I get stuck adding new files...
Hi,

I have looked, but not found a definitive answer. This may be a language issue as English is not my mother tongue. When I do a new install I don't have a library database. Obviously.

You set up the sources and then you are ready to build a database. The option that I see is "regenerate" the library. This builds the library, so that's great. But I ask myself, did I do it right? The word "regenerate" implies that something was already generated before that. Is "regenerate" the same as generate? That leads me where a get stuck. After I have added new files to my NAS directory, I need to get this in my database. When I press update it does not do anything visible. I would expect to see a spinning icon. My files are about 7TB in total, so I expect it would takes some time. But the update message is there for a second, nothing happens, & no new files in the database. If I press regenerate the process gets stuck and card freezes.

Am I missing something? Am a -enthusiastic Smile- noobie. Really want to use Moode, rather than "competitors".

Tried both 7.01 & 6.71, on different freshly formatted quality cards, but same thing.

What am I missing?

Regards & happy holidays.

Woody.
You have set up the NAS configuration in the Library tab ? Got the green tick to show it is connected and available ? Then reloaded the library. This may take a very long time with 7TB !!!

Once the library is catalogued and you can display and play from it in  MoOde then you are ready to add more files to your NAS.

Add the files and use the MoOde menu...M>'Update Library'  and you will see a spinner top right next to the M.
This updates the library looking for new files.When the spinner stops you should be able to find the newly added files in the library view.

If you use the Library tab and Regenerate the Library this will rebuild the Library and will again take a long time with your 7TB!!!

So use the 'Update' from the M menu when adding files.
----------
bob
Hi DRONE7,

Thanks for your reply. My bad. I thought as the regenerate was there, it was the way to build the library. I never realised that the update was also to be used for the initial build (although it says so in the setup txt. Doh...) My vote to have a update button the in library too :-) I'll try anew.

P.S. The creation of the database is remarkably swift. Takes about 2 hours. Heck of a performance!
Hi DRONE 7,

Two hours for the database build. Have to admit that is probably not your average database. It's all FLAC, 90% is classical & there is quite a bit of HI-RES files. That will skew the average file size way above normal & decrease the number of entries substantially. Anyway, it's still fast!