Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can't restore radio after 7.01 update
Hi,

I'm just burn a new SD card with 7.01 image file

Also I've to set again all settings (timezone, LAN, Wifi, ...)

But I can't restore my radio list.

I can connect to the Moode RPI with File Zilla to have FTP access to the Moode Audio system

I can add my own .pls files (one file for each radio) files in /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO

But I can't add files in /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos and /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos/thumbs

Indeed, /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO have 777 access rights, but /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos have 755 access rights and I can change it to 777 with File Zilla

Settings in Moode Audio is not user friendly. Set radios one by one is horrible.  Angry

All softwares I know are able to preserve user settings after an update, even if settings are not the same from a previous version.
It should be possible if Moode Audio put a "'user.ini" files in the usb key, and search for it after first boot.
Also the "user.ini" file should contain a version number so that the Mood Audio can manage settings from old versions.

Best regards.
Hi,

I find the "import / export" fonction in radio settings (it will be a good idea to talk about this feature in https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt)

Fortunatelly, I've made an export before update :-)

So I try to import my radio zip file... but i've got the error "Schema mismatch, import cancelled" :-((((

So I think I had to do by myself...

It's not possible to access a EXT4 linux partition on a SD card under Windows
You can access it with a PC under LINUX... BUT when you mount the EXT4 partition you don't have rights and cannot make chmod.

The SD card must be in then RPI.
I can run PUTTY to connect to the RPI, user "pi" and password "moodeaudio"
Thus, I can run the followings commands in PUTTY :
sudo chmod 777 /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos
sudo chmod 777 /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos/thumbs

After that, I can connect with File Zilla and then copying new files to /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos and /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos/thumbs

Then, I restarted moode audio

But it doesn't work :-(

Best regards
Hi,

I finally understand what's wrong with Moode Audio
Width Notepad++, I've made reverse engineering of an exported radio file from Moode Audio 7.01
The files in /db are not the same than in Moode Audio 6.7...
So I can edit the file with Notepad++ to ajust data.

It's really user-UNFRIENDLY !
With Moode Audio, after an update, you have to redo all settings from scratch... very bad and ugly design

3 hours spent just for an update...

Every software could and should take into account previous user settings, even if from older versions.
And also, a software could and should have full documentation with screenshots, tricks and tips, samples...
I am a free software maker too.
The software I made (http://cidess.free.fr/index-gb.html) has full backward compatibility with files of older version, each file have a version number in it's header so that users don't have to worry about it. It's full documentation prevents me from managing many requests from lost users.

Bests regards.