Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Manually removing a background image
Is it possible to manually remove a background image? I tried to add a background image and it never displayed, other than momentarily, so I decided I didn't like it, so I went in to Customize and clicked remove....no images show up on the customize dialog, but I still am seeing the image appear momentarily when I go to Moode player. Wondering where the image is stored so I can manually remove it.

Thanks,
Gary Huh
Hi Gary,

Very odd. Is this moOde 4.2 + the update?

The file is:
/var/local/www/imagesw/bgimage.jpg

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Yes, I had the same when trying to remove an image....it didn't show in the customise dialog after removal but was still present as the background.
I added it again, waited for the auto refresh, reloaded the webpage then used the remove button, auto-refreshed and reloaded the web-page...that worked.  A browser caching issue ?

@Big G     Gary, did you change the alpha blend setting when you added the image ?  If not then add the image and adjust the alpha blend until you get the visibility you desire.
----------
bob
Very likely a browser cache issue, though it sounds like the alpha blend may have been set to 1 (the theme color is overlaid onto the image to make text so easier to read) on Big G’s attempt. You can verify the status of the bgimage.jpg file in

/var/local/www/imagesw/
(07-23-2018, 06:27 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Gary,

The file is:

-Tim

Tim,

Yes it was 4.2 before and after the most recent update.

Gary
(07-24-2018, 12:07 AM)Big G Wrote:

The file is:

-Tim

Tim,

Just now I tried changing the alpha blend to something other than 1.00 and when I do that, the image stays on the screen. With it set to 1.00 the image only appears momentarily. but the image that is showing is the one I went into customize and removed.

Gary
(07-24-2018, 12:12 AM)Big G Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 12:07 AM)Big G Wrote:

The file is:

-Tim

Tim,

Just now I tried changing the alpha blend to something other than 1.00 and when I do that, the image stays on the screen. With it set to 1.00 the image only appears momentarily. but the image that is showing is the one I went into customize and removed.

added....deleting /var/local/www/imagesw/bgimage.jpg did get rid of the background image

Gary