Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

I think I killed MoOde/Backup MoOde settings
Hello,
 I was trying to set up BT.
Enabled BT in System
I read an old thread about BlueZ, trying to make that work.
Then I read about BT in Audio tab, so went there and Enable BT, clicked SET the browser refreshed and showed Reconnect.
It stayed on the Reconnect page, I killed the browser tab, and couldn't reopen a new tab with moode, page stays blank.
I ssh in, top doesn't show any chromium activity.
rebooted multiple times still unable to see the UI.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reflash everything. would be nice if I could save settings.

Moode 7.0.1
LE: Nevermind.. I was wrong in what I was suggesting.
Firstly, just checking you have actually got a board with BT on it, as the warning under the BT setting says:
WARNING: A Bluetooth adapter must be physically attached and enabled before turning this ON otherwise moOde startup will fail.

Next, if you can ssh into your pi, you can export settings.
Code:
moodeutl -e
Will export (most of) your settings, which you can then copy into /boot/moodecfg.ini on a new build, reboot and have the settings restored.
----------------
Robert
Thanks, I will test, but I thought all RPi 3 B+ had BT
(01-06-2021, 08:03 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: Hello,
 I was trying to set up BT.
Enabled BT in System

Does this mean the setting was OFF when you went to the System Config panel? I believe it should be on by default if the integrated BT adapter is present (as the info popup says, "The integrated adapter appears on Pi-4, Pi-3 and Pi-Zero W models. ")

Quote:I read an old thread about BlueZ, trying to make that work.

Whoa. There should be no need to read about BlueZ. Did you do anything as a result of reading the old thread?

Quote:Then I read about BT in Audio tab, so went there and Enable BT, clicked SET the browser refreshed and showed Reconnect.
It stayed on the Reconnect page, I killed the browser tab, and couldn't reopen a new tab with moode, page stays blank.
I ssh in, top doesn't show any chromium activity.

Wait, why look for chromium activity on your RPi? The chromium processes run only if you have enabled the local display and they are not involved in accessing moOde through its WebUI from another computer/phone/tablet/whatever.

Perhaps you meant "mpd"? That process has to be running for the WebUI to work. If you can ssh into your player, run moodeutl -l and post the output. Yes, the output will be lengthy.

Quote:rebooted multiple times still unable to see the UI.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reflash everything. would be nice if I could save settings.

Since we don't know what settings you've changed that might cause this failure, starting fresh is the safe recommendation.

As the_bertrum points out, with 7.0.1 there is now a way to save many settings and I'm sure the list of settings saved will increase with time. Run moodectl -h to see the options for this lovely utility. Just put the moodecfg.ini file you saved from your old install into the /boot directory of the new install and boot up.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent,
I will wait for 7.1 to reinstall everything, for now I'm enjoying 671.

I was trying to install Flirc on Moode controlled with my Harmony Hub, and while trying to program the Hub, it search for BT, so I started the BT thing, that crashed Moode.
But since you are here do you think I can control Volume and Play/Pause via BT?
(01-07-2021, 09:05 PM)Alaini93 Wrote: Thanks Kent,
I will wait for 7.1 to reinstall everything, for now I'm enjoying 671.

I was trying to install Flirc on Moode controlled with my Harmony Hub, and while trying to program the Hub, it search for BT, so I started the BT thing, that crashed Moode.
But since you are here do you think I can control Volume and Play/Pause via BT?

As far as I can tell, the Bluetooth audio/video remote control profile (AVRCP) is not enabled in moOde. One would have to add code to moOde's Bluetooth Config panel to enable/disable the profile and also write glue-code to connect the AVRCP commands received from the Bluetooth subsystem to existing moOde controls. As Tim is fond of saying, perhaps some enterprising developer would undertake to do that, test it, and then post a PR to the moOde github repo.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent, I will revisit Flirc.
While I don't have a problem to create a new SD when a major update is happening, It is boring to enter all the standard setup into the new system.

I understand that I could prepare /boot/moodecfg.ini, the problem is, that some parameters are not available in the default.ini - e.g. the LAN is missing and also some other stuff. Is it possible to create a dump for the ini also on moode 6+

( Here in the thread is mentioned "moodeutl -e" (not available on moode 6+) or moodectl ( also not available ) )
The new Export/Import settings feature is part of the 7 series so going forward it will be easy to restore moOde settings to a new image.

I can add the eth0 settings to auto-config for upcoming 7.1.0 release. What else is missing?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub