Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release
Hi,

This is a status thread for upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release. This release contains bug fixes as well as updates and new features. Ship date will be sometime in Q1.

First new feature is full integration of CamillaDSP into the WebUI.

WIP release notes
Code:
########################################################
//
// 2021-MM-DD TC moOde 7.1.0
//
########################################################

New features

- NEW: CamillaDSP WebUI integration

Updates

- UPD: Bump to upmpdcli 1.5.5
- UPD: Bump to CamillaDSP 0.5.0-beta2
- UPD: Bump to ALSA cdsp (commit e941420)
- UPD: Disable power save for integrated WiFi

Bug fixes

- FIX: Wrong PHP version in localui.service and build recipe
- FIX: Add revision code for Pi-4B 2GB 1.4
- FIX: Squeezelite binary crashes on ARM6
- FIX: Librespot volume curve option
- FIX: Order of excution for starting watchdog

- Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Look very interesting, Smile
I can't believe the rate at which MoOde is being developed, a 7.1.0 release is now on the cards, wow! Thanks so much Tim for all your efforts and time. Upmpdcli I gather has also moved on and is now at 1.5.7 - any chance of bumping to this rather than 1.5.5?
I don't see why not. I'll check the repo and see what's in the 1.5.7 release.
Enjoy the Music!
Hi,
Kind of see Olafc point.
A DSP doesn't make too much sense. Plus it's only a 2 way DSP.
Having a 2 way DSP on a raspberry means we need to have 4 out channel, do you know a DAC with 4 output channels? or if using an dac hat like hifiberry, we need 4 outputs. How do we do that?
Plus we need 2 amps, tweeter and mid-bass. 3 way would be better, for bass.
At least it's the way to do it in car audio.
I would think home audio would work the same.
Just asking, maybe there is something I don't see, and I will be happy to learn.

Alain
(01-08-2021, 09:09 PM)findingus Wrote: Fantastic. I am very excited for this next release for it's DSP functionality.

With this most recent release I have been playing with Moode's parametric equaliser, a calibrated mic and REW and the results are astonishingly good. I cannot wait to hear what I can achieve with CamillaDSP.

I donated with this current release and I'll do it again when the next comes out. This is a fabulous piece of software. Keep up the good work!

The crew appreciates the nice compliment :-)
Enjoy the Music!
Spot on @TIM & The TEAM :-)

Great possibility for even more sound improvement for those who have the means. MoOde Player is catering for all music lovers, the 'owners' of (just) redbook-able old DACs or advanced new DACs, the complex graphics lot or the 'just-point-and-listen' lot...
For me convolution would be the killer feature in moode.
Ist this possible for all sources? SMB files, spotify and airplay?
Is it possible to say SMB not (preconvolved files in my case) and for the rest yes?

Thanks,
Erich
Yes, MPD (files and radio), Spotify and Airplay can all use CamillaDSP
No, there is no setting to exclude MPD from CamillaDSP if it's turned on. This is same as with the EQ's.

Whats the usage scenario where you would only want Airplay and Spotify to run through DSP but not MPD?
Enjoy the Music!
Here's a nice enhancement for CamillaDSP feature from @bitlab that enables a simple 2 channel convolution filter to be setup :-)

Enjoy the Music!