Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release
(02-13-2021, 07:51 AM)liv_s Wrote: Can be added also Compute Module 4 please?
I am testing 1GB version no wifi and Pi version is unknown.

I haven't checked the code logic personally but if you look at the script www/command/pirev.py in the develop branch of the moOde github repo (this www directory ends up at /var/www when installed), you'll see that "CM4" is now included.

Regards,
Kent
(02-13-2021, 12:55 PM)officialsm Wrote: Hi,
can we have better integration with QObuz (and Tidal)?

Not without some developer contributing a 'better integration'. 

Right now moOde depends on the upmpdcli developer to keep up with the twists and turns of the streaming services. 

Integrating the Tidal service is particularly dodgy because it depends on a secret key which has to be copied from somewhere else. Tidal keeps changing it. 

It seems to me the Qobuz integration isn't too bad now*. With updates in upcoming moOde 7.1.0, the Qobuz service however is getting to be about as good as it can be without major retooling.

There's more than one way to access these services. I suppose someone  Rolleyes should write a little HowTo.

Regards,
Kent

*I am not a Qobuz user but just this week started a 30-day trial subscription for testing purposes.
(02-13-2021, 07:51 AM)liv_s Wrote: Can be added also Compute Module 4 please?
I am testing 1GB version no wifi and Pi version is unknown.

As Kent mentioned, CM4 support is part of upcoming 7.1.0 release but in our development branch the code assigns it a custom name "Allo USBridge SIG 2 [CM4]" for the rumored SIG 2. I see now though that the Pi Foundation has released a full featured I/O board for CM4 that I think a lot of enthusiasts will be getting. I'll need to revert the custom name and just go with the generic "CM4 ..." naming in 7.1.0.

The I/O board is only $35 and CM4 price range is $25 to $90 depending on RAM, eMMC and wireless networking options. For example a CM4 Lite (no eMMC)  with 2GB RAM and integrated WiFi/BT is only $35. I would think at these low price points there will be a lot of demand.

Are u using the Foundation I-O board?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-13-2021, 01:15 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Right now moOde depends on the upmpdcli developer to keep up with the twists and turns of the streaming services. 

Integrating the Tidal service is particularly dodgy because it depends on a secret key which has to be copied from somewhere else. Tidal keeps changing it. 

It seems to me the Qobuz integration isn't too bad now*. With updates in upcoming moOde 7.1.0, the Qobuz service however is getting to be about as good as it can be without major retooling.

There's more than one way to access these services. I suppose someone  Rolleyes should write a little HowTo.

Regards,
Kent

*I am not a Qobuz user but just this week started a 30-day trial subscription for testing purposes.
ok i cannot make works it, wrote on thread under SUPPORT

Regards,
Kent

These paid music services can only be integrated to a point in Free Open Source Software like moOde because their API's are proprietary and licensed. It is possible to use them though to develop a user installable plugin that would provide access to the service directly from within moOde but our project would then be responsible for paying the monthly/annual license fees to the music service providers. There are also.minimum fees that have to paid and the service may not even grant a license if they don't feel that there are enough potential users to guarantee the minimum fees can be met.

These fees would need to be recovered by our project and this would mean a monthly subscription charge for use of the plugin. This means that a user would need to pay a monthly subscription fee to the Music Service and an additional monthly subscription fee to our project for use of the service within moOde. I dunno about that double-fee model... Personally if I absolutely had to have in-player access to Music Services I'd just go for something like Roon that has all the bells and whistles.

Another issue though is whether our project even wants to get involved in paid software and subscription services. I'm not particularly interested in going down that route and I think keeping moOde Free has many advantages for both the project, the developers, and our users.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Nice. With your permission I'll add you to the Test Team sub-forum. You will be able to download a 7.1.0 Test Image that you can use to verify CM4 support.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
You should be all set. Refresh the main Moode Forum page, click "Test Team Section" and then click "moOde 7 Test releases" thread. Page back a bit and you will see the post with the links for TR1. Post questions, findings, bugs etc in that thread.

Thanks for volunteering your time :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(02-13-2021, 02:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

These paid music services can only be integrated to a point in Free Open Source Software like moOde because their API's are proprietary and licensed. It is possible to use them though to develop a user installable plugin that would provide access to the service directly from within moOde but our project would then be responsible for paying the monthly/annual license fees to the music service providers. There are also.minimum fees that have to paid and the service may not even grant a license if they don't feel that there are enough potential users to guarantee the minimum fees can be met.

These fees would need to be recovered by our project and this would mean a monthly subscription charge for use of the plugin. This means that a user would need to pay a monthly subscription fee to the Music Service and an additional monthly subscription fee to our project for use of the service within moOde. I dunno about that double-fee model... Personally if I absolutely had to have in-player access to Music Services I'd just go for something like Roon that has all the bells and whistles.

Another issue though is whether our project even wants to get involved in paid software and subscription services. I'm not particularly interested in going down that route and I think keeping moOde Free has many advantages for both the project, the developers, and our users.

-Tim
Hi Tim, thank you explaning me.
My question is if today Qobuz with Moode 7.0.1, throgh client like BubbleUPNP is working or not. I have an issue and i cannot stream from Qobuz.
Thank for your reply.
Mhy request is aboyt volume knob if Moode will be used on enclosure with this kind of hardware.
I setted uo maximum value (10 if i rememeber correctly) but when i rotate the knob i need much rotation in order to have significant increase/decrease of volume level.
Is it possible to provide more values on configuration?
(02-15-2021, 12:22 PM)officialsm Wrote: Mhy request is aboyt volume knob if Moode will be used on enclosure with this kind of hardware.
I setted uo maximum value (10 if i rememeber correctly) but when i rotate the knob i need much rotation in order to have significant increase/decrease of volume level.
Is it possible to provide more values on configuration?

There's an ambiguity in the language in this part of the Audio Config panel. "Volume knob" is used in two ways.

The information popup for the Volume Step Limit setting says "Sets the maximum amount the volume knob will advance...." This refers to the volume roundel in the WebUI which can be manipulated by mouse or finger as if it were a physical knob.

The USB volume knob, on the other hand, refers to a physical device. The feature was developed with the idea that advancing the knob one detent position (click) yields one step up or down in volume.

Currently there's no user-adjustable step setting to change this. What would you suggest the option(s) should be?

Regards,
Kent