Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Slight audio glitches/pops on Pi2B
Hi all Smile

Just thought I'd ask, I'm running a Pi 2B 1gb with the latest Moode. I have noticed some slight glitches/mild pops on 192khz music from Qobuz. 

Would this just be the old Pi struggling to keep up? I set it to overclock in the Pi config and that helped. 

Just want to make sure if I buy a Pi4 it will be sorted Smile

I'm connecting via Wifi and running via USB to a Topping D50s if it matters. 

Many thanks
Quote:I'm connecting via Wifi and running via USB to a Topping D50s if it matters.

Using a wifi dongle then. What is the performance with a wired connection ?
Pi2B shares USB and Ethernet controller  so glitches can occur with heavy resource usage. With a USB wifi dongle and USB DAC this also compounds.

Try to ssh into the Pi and run

Code:
to see where resource usage is.

Caveat...I'm not a Qobuz user but run several Pi 2B without issues.
----------
bob
(01-12-2021, 06:48 AM)adrock123 Wrote: Hi all Smile

Just thought I'd ask, I'm running a Pi 2B 1gb with the latest Moode. I have noticed some slight glitches/mild pops on 192khz music from Qobuz. 

Would this just be the old Pi struggling to keep up? I set it to overclock in the Pi config and that helped. 

Many thanks

It prolly is a resource issue given its an old arm6 single core Pi. Just try one of the arm7 4-core Pi's and see if that resolves the issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-12-2021, 02:06 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:48 AM)adrock123 Wrote: Hi all Smile

Many thanks

It prolly is a resource issue given its an old arm6 single core Pi. Just try one of the arm7 4-core Pi's and see if that resolves the issue.

Er, Tim...The Pi 2B is a Quad-core arm7... :-).

https://arstechnica.com/information-tech...-35-price/
----------
bob
Oops my bad.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks for the responses all Smile

Yeah I do believe it is a resource/power issue - when I turned off HDMI and both LEDs it has completely fixed the problem.
I also set the Pi to 1000mhz for good measure just to give it a bit more headroom Smile
Great !   Please edit your original post to show as Solved to help others..:-)
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...4#pid24624
----------
bob