Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Add additional input selection
Photo 
I have seen other requests as well for this option. Would it be possible to allow end users to add an additional input selection from the UI where you normally select radio, upnp folder, etc. at (got this picture from another thread in the forum):

[Image: 2.png]

I would like to add audio input source from the TV to Moodeaudio (using SPDIF in on the Hat). When selecting this source it should launch a customizable script (in my case: arecord -d 0 -f dat -c 2 | aplay) to start playing audio from that source. The play/stop/pause should then operate the input stream.

Right now I can use a remote to map a key to the script and start the audio input stream, but an UI based option is preferred.

Edit: Or can we use CamillaDSP for such a feature in the near future?
The only devices coded in moOde to support switchable input are listed below. Input switching is accomplished via the Input Source screen.

- Hifiberry DAC+ADC (Analog in)
- 'Audiophonics ES9028/9038 DAC' (S/PDIF in)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks in my case it is the Digi+ I/O from Hifiberry. I see more of the input cards coming like the IAN Canada receiverpi.
The answer in this thread is a little bit dated, it is also possible to add input sources from usb capture devices.
This can be done by creating a playlist which point to capture device to use.

See forum thread.