Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Can't see Synology NAS Library
I've just started using Moode to play the FLAC files (ripped CDs) from my Synology NAS.

In Library Config, I've created my Music Source, and get a green tick.
I've Regenerated the Music Database.
I've Updated Library.
I've re-mounted library.

This all goes fine.

But in the Player, I do not see the NAS (named Synology) or any of the albums.  I can play the Stereo Test from the SD card, but (try as I might) I do not see my music.  I must be missing something simple.

Advice please.

Thanks,
Geoff
Sorted: changed NFS prermissions in NAS.
(01-17-2021, 12:55 PM)GStevens Wrote: Sorted: changed NFS prermissions in NAS.

Then please edit the prefix of your first post from "PROBLEM" to "SOLVED"

Regards,
Kent
Hi GStevens, would you mind to help me out here? I have the same problem, but I cant find any synology settings more I could try
(01-29-2021, 12:05 PM)gekow Wrote: Hi GStevens, would you mind to help me out here? I have the same problem, but I cant find any synology settings more I could try

Hi gekow,

I am using NFS on the NAS, and the path to the music (in Moode) is DiskStation2/volume1/music (yours may be different, but should be in a similar form).  In Moode, I'm using DHCP and, noting the actual IP address, I then make sure that this is given the correct access on the NAS.  The details below shows how I've set this.  I hope that helps - this works fine for me now.

Geoff

On NAS, use Control Panel, Shared Folder, Highlight music, and then Edit.  Under NFS Permissions, the settings I use are:
Client: 192.168.1.100 (the IP Address of my Pi)
Privlege: Read/Write
Squash: Map root to admin
Asynchronous: Yes
Non Privileged...: Denied
Cross-mount: Allowed
On a minor note, while I don't have my virtual Synology DSM running at the moment to check, I believe it's possible to allow access from a range of client IP addresses. If so, you could allow your entire home subnet and thus avoid having to depend on DHCP assignments always being the same.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks a lot.

I did what you say and I think I wasn't to far away. :-)

What happens is, that the thumbnail generator shows me the folder and albums it scans i can see all the names and all, but when I rebuild the library and look at the library tab, nothing, just the test file at the sd-card.
(01-29-2021, 04:07 PM)gekow Wrote: Thanks a lot.

I did what you say and I think I wasn't to far away. :-)

What happens is, that the thumbnail generator shows me the folder and albums it scans i can see all the names and all, but when I rebuild the library and look at the library tab, nothing, just the test file at the sd-card.

If you get a green tick against your NAS in Library Config then connection to the NAS is fine.  When you rebuild the library, make sure you wait for the spinner to finish.

Geoff
If running the experimental 64-bit kernel, switch back to the 32 -bit kernel.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-29-2021, 07:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If running the experimental 64-bit kernel, switch back to the 32 -bit kernel.

Thank you, but I don't.

Here, you can see, there are two directories mounted and after regenerating the library, at least the status at the bottom shows me, that it founds the files or at least the directories.

But when I go to Libraries, and do an library update, i get an entry NAS, but when I click it, it is empty and the tag view also shows just the testfile on the sd card

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)