Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

HifiBerry DAC2 HD support
Hi Mike,

truely, I don't know. At first, I applied the commands given by Mystic; all went ok, but I just checked the list to the HiFiBerry entries, so I don't know if the entry was already there at the end.

So I applied yours, reboot again, and then I got the idea to check the bottom of the list, and there it was...

Sorry for the mess and not be able to answer you.
Hey there,

Thanks all for your dedication on making the DAC2 HD working with MoOde.

I received today my new board, replacing the DAC+ Pro that I'm using since January 2018 with MoOde.
So I'm very happy that my new board work like a charm, with Marrahm's hot fix.

As I am very very happy with MoOde, I made my second donation. Hopefully MoOde will continue for many years Smile
Thank you Tim for what you're doing for us, this player is very important in my life <3

Now I got a few questions about the driver. Is it as optimal as it was with the I2S audio device configured ?
I changed the MDP option 'Volume mixer' to Disabled.
Is it the best setting for sound quality with this DAC and driver ?

Best regards
agaufres
Agaufres,
Glad it works for you.

I’d love to know answer to whether the I2S setting matters in this situation. Since everything seems to play correctly and well, I’m betting that it’s just a menu Item misfit in Moode and that all drivers are properly engaged on the back end. Hopefully the devs can weigh in if/when they get a board to play with.

As for volume, yes, no software volume will have better sound. In theory. But on my setup, playing in kitchen through a Klipsch tabletop speaker , I can’t hear the difference so I use the software vol for convenience.

Best
Mike
(01-21-2021, 09:43 PM)Marrahm Wrote: 4: Write out the file and reboot.

I am trying your method. I can edit the config.txt file but I am stuck at:  4. Write out the file and reboot.

The command to write out = ^O , but where do I put it?

Sorry for this beginners question.
No problem. It should write back exactly where it was when you opened it. You should not need to move it or do anything but write it out. If you want, you can always go to that folder and check its contents to make sure its there.
(03-04-2021, 02:05 PM)Marrahm Wrote: No problem.  It should write back exactly where it was when you opened it. You should not need to move it or do anything but write it out.  If you want, you can always go to that folder and check its contents to make sure its there.

Thanks for your quick reply. I checked it and it did not save what I edited.
Make sure you use the “sudo” command when you type it in. I just double checked and it worked fine. When you do ctl-o, it will show the full name of the file its saving (boot/config...). All you need to do is hit return and it will confirm that it wrote X lines. Let me know if that doesn’t work.
Hello,

As I have a problem with Airplay crashing my Mac (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...7#pid31167)
I'm trying to get it work on my old Moode 5.3.1
So I can find if the problem is related to Moode or if it's my Mac.

Problem, the device is not detected
aplay -l
aplay: device_list:270: no soundcards found...

sudo vcdbg log msg
002369.408: Failed to load overlay 'hifiberry-dacplushd'

uname -r
4.19.49-v7+

Is that correct that the drivers are supposed to be included with that kernel ?

Best regards
FYI: That kernel was released more than a year before the DAC2 HD.
Yes, I thought that too. From a technical point, it makes no sense that a device is supported before it is created.

But the documentation says the driver is supported from Linux 4.x or high.
https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/software/...ux-3-18-x/

So I thought the driver was a generic one, already available on some old distributions.

I don't understand this kernel and driver thing.