Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to downmix stereo to a single output device?
Hi together,

what can I do to downmix a stereo signal to a single output device? I am using the 7.0.1 version with an Raspberry Pi Zero and the Infineon PI amp hat. I have connected a loudspeaker and and want to hear both stero channels as a downmix on this one loudspeaker. For a raspberry in general i found this explaination: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...hp?t=33431. Out of the box this is not working with moode, i think. What can I do to mix both stereo channels to one output channel? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Welcome to the forum beeper..

M Menu>Configure>Audio>MPD Settings>Edit>Sox Resampling>Enable>Channels>Mono>save (top)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

----------
bob
Thanks for your fast reply. I enabled the setting and switch to mono. Then I used a Spotify stereo testton but I can only hear the left channel. I also proofed the test file on a stereo system. The file is OK.
Thanks
The SoX settings only apply to MPD. The other renderers including Spotify, Airplay, etc are separate playback applications with their own settings. I don't know if there is a Spotify setting to down mix to mono.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-23-2021, 01:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The SoX settings only apply to MPD. The other renderers including Spotify, Airplay, etc are separate playback applications with their own settings. I don't know if there is a Spotify setting to down mix to mono.

Hi again,

thanks for your replies. Ok now I understand the setting Smile
It only works for the mpd and not the other players. Let me ask a few questions about moode works. Hopefully I can find a solution with your answers. Is moode using the librespot solution to connect to spotify? What audio backend is moode using? Only the alsa backend? (as far as I know some solutions combines alsa and pulseaudio) and what do you think about the .asoundrc solution? Should it work with moode? Any tips are welcome. btw, I am not a linux expert - but i like to puzzel Smile

best wishes
moOde uses librespot compiled with the alsa backend option.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi again,

I have tested a little bit. If I create a asound.conf in /etc moode will pick up the file and use it. But my used config does not work. I am not sure and also not enough expert, but is it possible to configure the librespot plugin (and maybe the other plugins too) which device to be used? I think, and I am absolutely not sure, I must configure librespot to use the "virtual" device from the asound.conf.

Any ideas?