Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[SOLVED] "Cover art not found" not displayed correctly
You're probably right.
I will regenerate covered art....
Thanks

EDIT: The main reason of my initial post was to warn that if the embedded image is not displayable, it would be better to have the blank cover with the moOde text than a "broken image"...
True. It just depends on how much exception handling code would need to added to handle this relatively rare type of situation with embedded image. After all, once the files are fixed the problem goes away :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
True Big Grin

EDIT: After regenerating tags with Picard, the same embedded image are correctly read by moOde.... strange.
Anyway, thanks a lot !

Now I don't know why images are not shown in the Library folder view (first column--> text:undefined), but it is an other story....

Best regards
Alain
(01-24-2021, 06:09 PM)Alain Wrote: True Big Grin

EDIT: After regenerating tags with Picard, the same embedded image are correctly read by moOde.... strange.
Anyway, thanks a lot !

Now I don't know why images are not shown in the Library folder view (first column--> text:undefined), but it is an other story....

Best regards
Alain

Ah, the penny dropped.

Now that Albums are recognized, this column shows the track number as encoded in the metadata for the file. Since you've omitted so much metadata, a lot of the magic which has been lovingly built into the Library views recently is crippled.

There's other technical issues with your files but they are minor compared to the missing metadata which is what is getting you here.

Always keep in mind that the Library Folder view is not a file manager view.

Regards,
Kent
(01-24-2021, 06:51 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Ah, the penny dropped.

Now that Albums are recognized, this column shows the track number as encoded in the metadata for the file. Since you've omitted so much metadata, a lot of the magic which has been lovingly built into the Library views recently is crippled.

There's other technical issues with your files but they are minor compared to the missing metadata which is what is getting you here.

Always keep in mind that the Library Folder view is not a file manager view.

Regards,
Kent

As usual Kent, your explanations are cristal clear !
Will think about thoses missing metadata, especially if they have been used lovingly into the Library views.

Thanks a lot!

Quote:Always keep in mind that the Library Folder view is not a file manager view.

My mistake!

Best regards
Alain
Just so I don't leave the wrong impression, I am crap at UI-coding. All the "loving" work I allude to is the work of others. You can ferret  out the names of the contributors by looking at the commits to the github repo.

It's wishful thinking to imagine I could manage any of this HTML/CSS/JS/PHP interplay by myself. I can test the results but give me the command line any day! It was good enough when I was a youth and Unix ™ was breaking out of Bell Labs and showing up at universities and research labs and the venerable Teletype was the affordable terminal and ... well, let's just leave it at that Tongue

Regards,
Kent
(01-24-2021, 08:02 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Just so I don't leave the wrong impression, I am crap at UI-coding. All the "loving" work I allude to is the work of others. You can ferret  alout the names of the contributors by looking at the commits to the github repo.

It's wishful thinking to imagine I could manage any of this HTML/CSS/JS/PHP interplay by myself. I can test the results but give me the command line any day!

Don't worry, I understand that all this loving work is a team work.
Thanks to all developpers, and all those who generously contributed their time to support the forum

Quote:It's wishful thinking to imagine I could manage any of this HTML/CSS/JS/PHP interplay by myself. I can test the results but give me the command line any day! It was good enough when I was a youth and Unix ™ was breaking out of Bell Labs and showing up at universities and research labs and the venerable Teletype was the affordable terminal and ... well, let's just leave it at that Tongue

So says the The Old Presbyope Big Grin

Best regards
Alain