Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

DSD files do not play when crossfeed or EQs are enabled
Hello all! 

Recently moved over to moOde and am loving it! I am a huge fan of the robust parametric EQ filters, as well as the crossfeed function.

Unfortunately for me, I cannot play DSD files when any of these things are enabled.

Is there anything I can do for this, or is it just not possible to have these features enabled when using something that does DSD->PCM?
The DSP functions including EQ, Crossfeed, Replaygain, etc only operate on PCM format. If you try to play a DSF/DFF file it will be converted on-the-fly to PCM by MPD before being processed by the DSP component.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
To be clear, this is not some issue with moOde. It is a fundamental issue with the 1-bit stream encoding inherent in DSD. See, for example, the Direct Stream Digital Wikipedia entry.

Regards,
Kent
(01-29-2021, 08:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The DSP functions including EQ, Crossfeed, Replaygain, etc only operate on PCM format. If you try to play a DSF/DFF file it will be converted on-the-fly to PCM by MPD before being processed by the DSP component.

Understood - thank you! The error message made it look like a bug, but it makes sense that the conversion is "hogging" the DSP.