Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

One FLAC file with tracks in cue sheet
Question 
Hello,
in version is the issue that if I have one FLAC (concert for example or whole CD) with cue sheet describing the tracks I see in player on track for whole FLAC file with thumbnail and one another broken thumbnail for cue sheet with "/CUE/TRACK0001" text in it no thumbnail, but all tracks from cue sheet. As you can see in the image the green in the cue sheet selected showing track and proper thumb is the red one on right with strange name on it having only one FLAC track.

Is this changed in moode 7 ?

[Image: flac-cue.png]
Theres only basic support for CUE in Folder view. Theres no support for it in Tag and Album views. There was a developer a long while back that created some modifications to improve support for CUE in Tag and Album views but the changes never were tested and merged due to lack of time at that point. Maybe a new dev will volunteer their time to revisit CUE support and make some enhancements.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-05-2021, 12:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Theres only basic support for CUE in Folder view. Theres no support for it in Tag and Album views. There was a developer a long while back that created some modifications to improve support for CUE in Tag and Album views but the changes never were tested and merged due to lack of time at that point. Maybe a new dev will volunteer their time to revisit CUE support and make some enhancements.

Thank you Tim for answering. If I read your comment right it means no change in 7 comparing to 6 in this, correct?
Do you have any pointers where I should look if I like for example to implemet following:

- if cue is pointing to flac, flac is ignored in album view
- cue is showed with proper thumbnail
- tracks in cue are played with no silence between tracks if so indicated in cue sheet

Thanks
P.S.: I assume if I like to make changes then it should be in version 7 code.
-r-
(02-05-2021, 12:14 PM)richo Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 12:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Theres only basic support for CUE in Folder view. Theres no support for it in Tag and Album views. There was a developer a long while back that created some modifications to improve support for CUE in Tag and Album views but the changes never were tested and merged due to lack of time at that point. Maybe a new dev will volunteer their time to revisit CUE support and make some enhancements.

Thank you Tim for answering. If I read your comment right it means no change in 7 comparing to 6 in this, correct?
Do you have any pointers where I should look if I like for example to implemet following:

- if cue is pointing to flac, flac is ignored in album view
- cue is showed with proper thumbnail
- tracks in cue are played with no silence between tracks if so indicated in cue sheet

Thanks
P.S.: I assume if I like to make changes then it should be in version 7 code.
-r-

If you are serious about tackling cue files and cue sheets then I suggest you explore the MPD documentation and github repo. You'll find it's MPD plugins which deal with them. Roughly speaking, a cue file is returned by the MPD plugin as a playlist and playlists don't have thumbnails in moOde as it's currently architected.

As for the code to change, you probably should work at the HEAD of the moOde github repo since the next release will come from it at some point.

Regards,
Kent
@richo  Correct, no change.

Yes you will want to review the sources in the develop branch of the repo.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode

The original PR to enhance CUE support is at the link below.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/pull/19

And what @TheOldPresbyope said.
Enjoy the Music!
Something has changed though Tim, I've not had cue files appearing in the tag view prior to 7.

I've had to remove all the cues from my library to clean up the cluter.

Paul
interesting. I don't know if I have any cue/flacs to test anymore but if I do I'll see if I can repro.
Enjoy the Music!
Thank you all for the info. As as said before I enjoy music, but, I do have some software background so I will try to do some experiments. First of course I need to understand how all this work. Once I have some question or progress I will report here.
Issues with cue sheet files is something that comes back from time to time in the support forum.
MPD has made some changes regarding to cue sheets arround the en of the .21.x versions.
For non embedded cue files it can be fixed with adding a .mpdignore with as content *.cue in the root of the music library.
I don know how to do that for embedded cue files.