Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ES9028q2m broken in raspbian kernel 5.10
Hi,

just tried to setup moode with an up to date raspianOS, basically everything's went pretty fine. Moode was working as expected, but it seems like the hifiberry and audiophonics DACs are all broken at the moment. So the DACs are working with kernel below 5.4.71. Hifiberry offers at least a workaround on their blog, but its working for RPi4 only, my RPi0 is simply dumb now (with hifiberry) as well as the my three RPI4 with with the ES9038.  

snd-rpi-i-sabre-q2m socConfusedound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517  <= in dmesg

Seems like at least the audiophonics guys are not willing to solve it and refer to their custom image with moode 6.7 with an older kernel. Not a good idea being bound to old software. So, did some solve the quest already to make the DACs run with an actual vanilla kernel (5.10+) on raspbianOS and moode?

brgds,
Max
No problems on my end with those DAC's, Pi3/4 and stock moOde that ships with kernel 5.4.77. I also have a 0W with an IQaudIO DAC and it works fine.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-09-2021, 10:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: No problems on my end with those DAC's, Pi3/4 and stock moOde that ships with kernel 5.4.77. I also have a 0W with an IQaudIO DAC and it works fine.

do you mind trying out with latest greatest (5.10)? my rpi0 does not load the hifiberry module any longer. And on rpi4 with 5.10 the kernel module wont be loaded at all (both were working before)

brgds,
Max
The 5.10 branch is still too new for me to spend time on and 5.4 77 kernel seems solid so far.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-09-2021, 11:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The 5.10 branch is still too new for me to spend time on and 5.4 77 kernel seems solid so far.

5.10 is the next LTS kernel, that's why im already looking. But seems the modules for the DACs were screwed up (https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/configura...linux-5-4/). Simply thought, it makes sense to raise attention for bumpy roads ahead Wink
Thread moved from Audio gear to Support.
Enjoy the Music!