Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

PeppyMeter and moOde
(08-19-2022, 09:47 AM)adolfotregosa Wrote: The only thing moode had to implement to make it easier is a page to enable/disable the service, configure the meters and timeouts.

So feel free to make those changes on the moOde Git repo. Obviously there also needs to be a method to include the PeppyMeter code and the configuration scripts into the environment. If you do, can I request it comes as separate download, so those of us with no need of such visuals don't have to download the code?
----------------
Robert
(08-19-2022, 12:31 PM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(08-19-2022, 09:47 AM)adolfotregosa Wrote: The only thing moode had to implement to make it easier is a page to enable/disable the service, configure the meters and timeouts.

So feel free to make those changes on the moOde Git repo.  Obviously there also needs to be a method to include the PeppyMeter code and the configuration scripts into the environment.  If you do, can I request it comes as separate download, so those of us with no need of such visuals don't have to download the code?

And why would I do that? Its working fine as is. I'm just saying Tim is thinking of adding his own vu meters, will you also ask him to not be integrated so you don't download them??? That was uncalled for.

If the work is done, why not just use it? Why do I keep saying to keep the work to the minimum and you guys seams to be insulted by the suggestion...
The challenge is that all work items on the TODO list compete with one another for limited developer time. It's a dynamic process and devs choose to work on something based on a combination of priority, interest and available time.

As far as the peppy stuff goes I'm not particularly interested in spending my dev time on it plus I already have a huge backlog of priority 1 TODO items. If I do anything with graphical VU meters in the future it will probably be something like the Web VU Meters I described earlier.

The case you are making for peppy is reasonable and it's obviously important to you but you will need to get a dev thats interested in working on it if you are not able to do the work yourself.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-19-2022, 02:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The challenge is that all work items on the TODO list compete with one another for limited developer time. It's a dynamic process and devs choose to work on something based on a combination of priority, interest and available time.

As far as the peppy stuff goes I'm not particularly interested in spending my dev time on it plus I already have a huge backlog of priority 1 TODO items. If I do anything with graphical VU meters in the future it will probably be something like the Web VU Meters I described earlier.

The case you are making for peppy is reasonable and it's obviously important to you but you will need to get a dev thats interested in working on it if you are not able to do the work yourself.

I didn't ask, I suggested, im going to repeat myself for the N time. It's working fine as is for me. What I didn't agree I changed and published.
Hi, a newbie here. Just installed moode a few days back. Is very much interested in the Peppymeter. But github documentation seems to that the instructions are version specific. And the last updated instruction is for version 7. So what are the changes needed for ver 8 or does the earlier instruction works?

Sorry for queries which may sound dumb to you?
(01-17-2023, 05:16 PM)archat68 Wrote: Hi, a newbie here. Just installed moode a few days back. Is very much interested in the Peppymeter. But github documentation seems to that the instructions are version specific. And the last updated instruction is for version 7. So what are the changes needed for ver 8 or does the earlier instruction works?

Hi archat68,
sorry: you have to use 7.2.0: to be interpreted as 7.2 and following.
Best regards,
Francesco
(01-17-2023, 08:22 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 05:16 PM)archat68 Wrote: Hi, a newbie here. Just installed moode a few days back. Is very much interested in the Peppymeter. But github documentation seems to that the instructions are version specific. And the last updated instruction is for version 7. So what are the changes needed for ver 8 or does the earlier instruction works?

Hi archat68,
Best regards,
Francesco
Thanks for the reply. 
So there is way to install peppymeter  in 8. 2.4?
(01-18-2023, 08:49 AM)archat68 Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 08:22 PM)fdealexa Wrote:

Hi archat68,
Best regards,
Francesco
Thanks for the reply. 
So there is way to install peppymeter  in 8. 2.4?

Follow the latest guide.  The guide for 7.2.0 is for 7.2.0 and all later versions.
----------------
Robert
Thanks.
Hi.
Please help. I did a fresh install of the latest Modee. Installed as instructed by PeppyMeter.
I get this message when I start.
root@Pi4:/home/pi# cd /home/pi/PeppyMeter
root@Pi4:/home/pi/PeppyMeter# sudo python3 peppymeter.py
pygame 1.9.6
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/PeppyMeter/peppymeter.py", line 296, in <module>
pm.start_display_output()
File "/home/pi/PeppyMeter/peppymeter.py", line 220, in start_display_output
clock.tick(self.util.meter_config[FRAME_RATE])
KeyboardInterrupt
^CException ignored in: <module 'threading' from '/usr/lib/python3.9/threading.py'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/threading.py", line 1428, in _shutdown
lock.acquire()
Where did I go wrong please?
I have PI4, Usb dac IFI, 7,9 display waveshare.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards Roman