Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: dlna server not detected by ckient(s)
I am running version 7.0.1 on RPI-3B.  As always playback, library etc all working fine, including access from Firefox on my Linux laptop.

I recently purchased a Panasonic DMR-PWT550EB Freeview tuner and Blu-ray player which can also act as a dlna client.
I have set dlna in Moode as attached screenshot

The Panasic cannot detect the Mood server.
At first I thought this was a Panasonic problem but the PWT550 has latest firmware and can detect other dlna devices.

I just tried to find the server through VLC running on my laptop and VLC does not detect it either. I also confirmed that VLC cannot  find it as a UPnP device.
Before I did Moode upgrade VLC could see it as UPnP.

I have also tried VLC by entering the ip addresses for mood (192.168.1.84) and the reported 192.168.1.64 from moode's dlna Database status view.

Am I doing something wrong in the setup?
If it ain't broke fix it until it is.
Open UPnP Config and set A/V services Off and Openhone services On.

It's not obvious what might be happening with the DLNA server but you might try rebooting your Router.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I don't see an attachment but from the context I infer you are speaking of the DLNA server option.

With the DLNA server enabled on a moOde player here I see the service advertised in VLC both on my Linux laptop and on mobile devices (where it's a lot easier to find!).

I don't know why you would be entering random IPs from the connected clients table in the miniDLNA status page. That's a list of other devices on the LAN, although I'm not sure whether they are devices whose advertisements were discovered by miniDLNA or v.v.

There's other ways in Linux to discover these services, such as installing a UPnP A/V / DLNA control point app or using utilities such as avahi-discover from the CLI after installing it from your Linux distro. To my way of thinking, most of the utilities present too much low-level detail for most audiophiles who just want things to work (and I'm a guy who loves detail).

As Tim says, it may be a network problem. I recently moved into an environment where the ISP installed an eero mesh network. It's given me some heartburn with erratic mDNS-SD (Service Discovery) which is what many of these nifty services depend on.

Regards,
Kent
OpenHome and UPnP-A/V are actually closely related but incompatible streaming technologies - OpenHome only works with the likes of Kazoo, Kinsky and Lumin as control points (clients). If anything @imazed , as a DLNA client, I think your Panasonic is most likely to work if the UPnP-A/V service is switched on. I hope you don't mind me coming in with that Tim, TheOldPresbyope ?
(02-14-2021, 09:14 AM)Zigzag Wrote: OpenHome and UPnP-A/V are actually closely related but incompatible streaming technologies - OpenHome only works with the likes of Kazoo, Kinsky and Lumin as control points (clients).   If anything @imazed , as a DLNA client, I think your Panasonic is most likely to work if the UPnP-A/V service is switched on.  I hope you don't mind me coming in with that Tim, TheOldPresbyope ?

Works for me Smile
(02-12-2021, 01:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Open UPnP Config and set A/V services Off and Openhone services On.

It's not obvious what might be happening with the DLNA server but you might try rebooting your Router.

Tim,
First of all my apologies to you and others for not coming back earlier.
I did a complete new install and then edited the UPnP config and that solved the problem -the root cause of which was my own stupidity.
I forgot about th UPnP config.
Thanks
Mike
If it ain't broke fix it until it is.
Ok, Mike. Now be a good net-izen by going back to your first post and editing the prefix to "Solved:".

Regards,
Kent