Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Sort Logic for Playlists
(07-25-2018, 09:40 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 09:15 PM)duke.g Wrote: Well I just made a copy of my SD-Card and tried it.
The playlist are now alphabetically ordered and for me it makes no performance difference while using the (small) local library of my player. Small means:
Artists:    873
Albums:     856
Songs:     4301

Regards
   Duke.g

There ya go!

Not eager to try it on my NAS, however.

Unless you have usb boot going the directory will be on the microsd at the path duke.g gave earlier so it wouldn’t need to touch your nas, but it’s probably better to have moode handle the sorting regardless. It might also be better to place them in a separate “playlists” directory on the top level of the browse panel for consistency with the other top level music containers (usb, nas, etc.) as the current setup doesn’t really deal with having more than a few playlists very well. It’d be nice to have user generated directories but if it’s a list provided by mpd that might be out of our hands.
Hello Tim,

of cause you are right. Best solution would be, doing it like you said.
Because i wanted to "learn" something and sometimes I'm a bit impatiently Rolleyes , I just tried it. Perhabs it helps someone.

Thanks for moode and all the time you invest.

Duke.g

2x RPi 3B, 1x RPi 4, Moode 8; 4k flac Songs; 180k MP3 Songs; Asset-UpnP 184k Songs
The blues has got a hold of me, I believe I'm gettin' dizzy - ZZ Top
(07-25-2018, 11:35 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 09:40 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Not eager to try it on my NAS, however.

Unless you have usb boot going the directory will be on the microsd at the path duke.g gave earlier so it wouldn’t need to touch your nas, but it’s probably better to have moode handle the sorting regardless. It might also be better to place them in a separate “playlists” directory on the top level of the browse panel for consistency with the other top level music containers (usb, nas, etc.) as the current setup doesn’t really deal with having more than a few playlists very well. It’d be nice to have user generated directories but if it’s a list provided by mpd that might be out of our hands.

Brain fart!

Regards,
Kent
(07-26-2018, 06:22 PM)duke.g Wrote: Hello Tim,

of cause you are right. Best solution would be, doing it like you said.
Because i wanted to "learn" something and sometimes I'm a bit impatiently Rolleyes , I just tried it. Perhabs it helps someone.

Thanks for moode and all the time you invest.

Duke.g

Well I certainly learned a little. Thanks @duke.g!
I feel better now that I know something!
Moode is great for learning about linux, very raspberrypi I suppose.
Tim your sorting solution sounds good, that would help improve the playlist experience I think.
Thanks to all.
Hi,

Couple of nice browsing / sorting features coming in the next moOde 4.2 update :-)

- The RADIO folder is back in the Browse panel w/o any logos for fast navigation, including subfolders.
- The Radio panel supports subfolders
- Folders always appear at the top of the list
- Browse and Radio panels include a refresh button
- Folders and radio station logos are sorted with articles (a/and/the) excluded, similar to Albums in the Library for example

The Jazz Groove
Jazz24

Example Browse panel

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub