Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Exporting/Importing Radio Stations
Hi biftab,
Very good job.
I have a question:
Assume that you import 50 stations (other) so the position from 500 to 549 are occupied. What does it happen if in a new (other) import .json there are some duplicate number? Are all of them appended to the existing list or what?
Thank you very much for the modifications and for the support.
Best regards,
FFrancesco
The new imported ones will be add after the existing ones.
The position (= database id) in the backup is only used to determine if the stations belongs to the category moode (<=499) or other (>499).
(04-15-2021, 03:18 PM)bitlab Wrote: The new imported ones will be add after the existing ones.
The position (= database id) in the backup is only used to determine if the stations belongs to the category moode (<=499) or other (>499).

Thanks. Big Grin
I can't cope with updating my radio stations from moodeaudio 6.x to 7.3 Could someone please help me convert the station.zip file to the new format?
There are a lot of stations with no photos, but that's how it should be.
Thank you very much for your help, please also indicate the article on how to do it yourself in the future.

Attached Files
.zip   stations (6.x).zip (Size: 297.28 KB / Downloads: 1)
@Jedrek
Please have a look at the following Instructions.
Furthermore please note that the zip you have sent contains:
Quote:636 files ".pls"
1 file ".jpg"
and the ".csv" with the system radios only
Please try to follow the Kent's instruction (above mentioned) and come back if any problem.
Regards,
Francesco
Hello Jedrek,
After installing the stationmanager package, the .zip file (to be downloaded) must be copied to the stationmanager folder.
Run the following command:

Code:
sudo ./stationmanager.py --import --scope other moOde_7.3.0_Jedrek-save.zip

You will find your 477 radios. I recommend that you do a reboot before trying to listen.
Note that I created a jpg for the radio icon and entered your name as "broadcaster" so that you can group them all together. I noticed tha some of them has a wrong URL.

Best regards and let us know,
Francesco

moOde_7.3.0_Jedrek-save.zip
@fdealexa
I will test it today. From my 636 .pls only 477 will be working ?
Wrong URL?
You do test all stations ?
(09-27-2021, 11:09 AM)Jedrek Wrote: @fdealexa
I will test it today. From my 636 .pls only 477 will be working ?
Wrong URL?
You do test all stations ?

Hi Jedrek,
477 are your station, the remaining were system's radio.
I have tested only some of them, but I am sure to have imported all your stations.
Best regards,
Francesco
Hi,

i'm using a fresh install of moode 7.40. First i tried to modify the exported station.zip file (station_data.json , radio-logos and thumbs) copied from on older installation/export. Unfortunately the import is showing errors:

Code:
"SQL database location is '/var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db' Station logos location is '/var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos' Station pls file location is '/var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO' Using Station backup file '/var/local/www/station_import.zip'. ERROR: Station backup file '/var/local/www/station_import.zip' is not a valid format"

I spend already some hours in this topic and i found out, that if i unzip the exported station file and zip it again, i get the same error message. So the content of the zip did not change, but if i re-import the original station.zip file, it works. So the difference seems to be the zip format. Do you have any idea, what is going on here?

I'm running an Ubuntu laptop and tried different zip tools.
@forlau  I tried to reproduce the problem without luck:
  • Create backup from gui
  • Unpacked the zip with 7Zip (under Windows )
  • Packed the output again with 7Zip (as zip under Windows )
  • Performed restore without problems

Btw the error "is not a valid format" would indicate that moOde can not find a 'station_data.json' (new format) or a 'var/local/www/db/cfg_radio.csv' (old format) file the the backup file.