Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Spotify stops after a couple of songs...
Well…got kicked off Spotify Connect today, so back to troubleshooting
Drop bit rate from 320k to 160k seems to have helped…
very frustrating...nothing helps. The last thing I will try before giving up is a wifi dongle...seems this is a network issue since I've changed out every component possible.
(12-07-2021, 04:12 AM)dubulup Wrote: very frustrating...nothing helps.  The last thing I will try before giving up is a wifi dongle...seems this is a network issue since I've changed out every component possible.

Been there, done that. But my latest Pi (I've tried almost any model made in the past decade except the 4) is a 3 connected wired to the house network. WiFi and BT turned off but no dice. And I have changed every single component in the chain, modem, router, cables etc. 
The only thing I did not change is my provider. But my neighbours have the same provider without my problems.
I now used an old iPad as an Apple Music machine, streaming via Airplay. Still not ideal, but at least it does not stop every five minutes.
(12-09-2021, 02:15 PM)arjena Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 04:12 AM)dubulup Wrote: very frustrating...nothing helps.  The last thing I will try before giving up is a wifi dongle...seems this is a network issue since I've changed out every component possible.

Been there, done that. But my latest Pi (I've tried almost any model made in the past decade except the 4) is a 3 connected wired to the house network. WiFi and BT turned off but no dice. And I have changed every single component in the chain, modem, router, cables etc. 
The only thing I did not change is my provider. But my neighbours have the same provider without my problems.
I now used an old iPad as an Apple Music machine, streaming via Airplay. Still not ideal, but at least it does not stop every five minutes.

All this points to it being something amiss with about the only thing you have not changed, your Spotify account.
Could you sign up for a free trial on another email address and see if that works?
----------------
Robert
(12-09-2021, 03:53 PM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 02:15 PM)arjena Wrote:

All this points to it being something amiss with about the only thing you have not changed, your Spotify account.
Could you sign up for a free trial on another email address and see if that works?

It's not just my account. Happens to my family members too. I discontinued my premium account, so for me it is a problem from the past...
(12-09-2021, 02:15 PM)arjena Wrote: .............. snip  ..................
The only thing I did not change is my provider. But my neighbours have the same provider without my problems................ snip .............

Are you meaning that you have connected your RPI to your neighbour's home network (via LAN) making suitable connection changes to accomodate the new environment if needed...?
(12-10-2021, 12:17 PM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 02:15 PM)arjena Wrote: .............. snip  ..................
The only thing I did not change is my provider. But my neighbours have the same provider without my problems................ snip .............

Are you meaning that you have connected your RPI to your neighbour's home network (via LAN) making suitable connection changes to accomodate the new environment if needed...?

No, I mean my neighbours have their own account with the same ISP as me, they also use Spotify with Spotify connect but never have any problems. So no, that still does not mean with 100% certainty that it is not a providers problem. But I'm done wasting time and energy trying this to work. I'd rather just listen to music.