Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

trouble while booting…
raspi 2B v1.1 2014
hifiberry dac+ HW1.0
raspberry pi touchscreen
usb harddisk with soundfiles
usb mouse to control the cursor

did a fresh install of image_2023-09-05-moode-r836-lite.zip onto newly purchased 32GB card.

booting stops at the login prompt.

same without any usb devices and even without the hifi berry hat.

any suggestions?
What tool did you use to write the image?
After typing in http://moode or moode.local or http://IP_address in your Browser does the WebUI appear?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
ok, stupid enough i forgot to connect via ethernet at first and configure moode… guess i remember now and can proceed. THX anyway for providing this fine software and service Big Grin
Hi @KHB49, and welcome aboard, if this was also supposed to be your "Hello people" message; although I see you are here since long ago... ;-)

@Tim Curtis
maybe we can slide this into "Support"? Not that it is relevant, but, yer know...
do you think it has performance advantages to let moode boot off the usb harddrive? i could easily add a partition and move the system there… how would that be done?
(10-28-2023, 08:19 PM)KHB49 Wrote: do you think it has performance advantages to let moode boot off the usb harddrive? i could easily add a partition and move the system there… how would that be done?

You usually flash the image on the USB drive instead of the uSD. Then you can possibly create another partition on the remaining space, and use that for your music,
Advantages... I don't see, apart probably faster boot time? But then depends on how fast can be your uSD. Mine is not so fast, but then again, I reboot once a month top, and tha while I prepare myself a coffee, so not a big deal...

ETA
I may be be thick as a brick but... does the 2B support USB boot?
Total boot time depends on several factors and is rarely improved by booting from USB drive instead of uSD card. Also it's best to keep the boot/OS media separate from media containing music files because a fresh moOde image install will overwrite the boot media.

Total boot time ~ Linux kernel startup time + moOde startup.time.
Linux kernel startup time can be estimated by looking at the dmesg log. The command is just dmesg.

moOde startup time can be estimated by looking at the startup log using the moodeutl -l command, downloading it from the Logs section of System Config or scrolling to the end of System Info (Menu, System Info or moodeutl -s)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub