Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

RPi 4B and IQ Audio DigiAmp+
Hi all

I just built a new box with a Pi4B, a new IQ Audio Pi DigiAmp+ (the one with the green plugs for speaker lead connection, not the on-board screw block) the latest 701 release, and I'm having a few issues.

The main one is that Airplay volume doesn't work from my Mac - If I connect to Airplay, I can play back, but the volume is as it was before I connected - I can't adjust the volume from the Mac. And once I connect, the 'Airplay active' page is shown, so I can't change the volume with the main page slider.

The Mac volume control does work to turn the volume up and down within the level already set (20% in this case) but I can't go higher than the 20%.

I've tried it with both hardware and software control (the DigiAmp has hardware control built in) but no difference in operation.

I'm happy my networking is fine - Gigabit Cisco business L3 switch. All other devices are off - hdmi, wifi, bluetooth.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I covered all the config bases.

EDIT: Belay that - it's the app (Plex). iTunes adjusts volume normally.
Hi, Mike.

These days it's always reassuring to see a familiar face username after a prolonged absence. Glad to see you're still tinkering.

Regards,
Kent
Hey Kent. Yes, stlll fiddling about.

I'm nearly at the stage of finished unpacking all the boxes from my move in Oct 2019 Smile It's amazing what you find in the bowels of a 20ft container.

I've spent the last year setting up a new biz. Now I am a bit proficient, I'm making some Pi-powered amps and DACs out of recycled timber and acrylic.

I don't think I've touched a soldering iron or multimeter in over a year... now winter is on it's way, time to get back into it.

How's things in your neck of the woods - moved yet? And got your jab?
@Zootalaws

Things are pretty quiet in this part of Maryland. My partner and I have each managed to get our first of two jabs, she with the Pfizer vaccine a week ago and I with the Moderna vaccine 3 weeks ago. I'm supposed to be due for my followup jab new week but the county's fabulous tracking system seems to have lost track of me. I never got the promised second-appointment email so I'm being a noisy pest at the moment. All I've managed to reach so far are minions who (obviously reading from a crib sheet) suggest I look in my spam folder. I make appropriate responses. Rinse and repeat.

We're still waiting for construction of our new digs to be finished so we can make the second move of our two-stage transition. Move-in ready in June, we're told. Right now my townhouse is a mess what with all of my stuff still in it combined with the half of my partner's stuff that didn't get sold or stored when we sold her townhouse in November. Every day we play the "do you remember where we put the ..." game at least once. 

The new digs will have a garage. Never in my adult life have I had such a luxury. There'll be plenty of room for a real workbench. My 3ft x 5ft desktop is the only workspace I have at the moment, so I'm mostly just plug'n and play'n to test new moOde features as they get added.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kent
(03-07-2021, 07:16 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Zootalaws

The new digs will have a garage. Never in my adult life have I had such a luxury. There'll be plenty of room for a real workbench. 

Ha!

That's what YOU think.

I looked at my empty 6m x 6m workspace and thought that would be grand. Now, less than a year later, I'm building a 3m x 3m shed right next to it just to do woodworking and would dearly love to put a mezzanine in this one just for the computer stuff.

It's like Boyle's Law for workshop space - your available space halves and your needs double in a direct ratio to how busy you are.
Quote:It's like Boyle's Law for workshop space - your available space halves and your needs double in a direct ratio to how busy you are.

Exactly !!!  (Though it has taken 10 years to fill my 6 x 9 metre workshop)  and, like you Mike, we are about to add another 4 x 6 metre addition.
The finished workspaces for #1 Wifelet and myself will then exceed our humble dwelling of 12 x 6 metres.

Many years ago when I was single and built my first house it was known as 'The Listening Room..with a life support system' as it had at it's heart a properly specified and constructed audio space, 4.2 x 6.8 x 3, and dedicated wiring spurs for equipment.

Alas after several more homes I still don't have anywhere to set up the system from then. (Though I've carted it about and stored it through our many moves around NZ Blush )
----------
bob