Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

I/O errors during 4.2 build
Hello -- I have been trying to build 4.2 and have repeatedly encountered similar errors. This is on an RPi3+. I install the strectch lite image (correct date) and start the process without difficulty. The most recent instance is a while after reboot 2:

Processing triggers for install-info (6.3.0.dfsg.1-1+b1) ...

Setting up memcached (1.4.33-1) ...
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/memcached.service → /lib/systemd/system/memcached.service.
Setting up libdbus-glib-1-2:armhf (0.108-2) ...
Setting up libaacs0:armhf (0.8.1-2) ...
Setting up libflite1:armhf (2.0.0-release-3) ...
Setting up libcdio-cdda1:armhf (0.83-4.3) ...
Setting up libsoxr0:armhf (0.1.2-2) ...
Setting up libssh-gcrypt-4:armhf (0.7.3-2) ...
Setting up nginx-common (1.10.3-1+deb9u1) ...
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 unable to fsync updated status of 'nginx-common': Input/output error
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
** Error: Install failed
** Error: image build exited
** Error: reboot to resume the build

Other occurences are similar (not identical) but the location varies from relatively  early after the power-cycle reboot to much later as shown here. All are Input/output errors. I successfully installed 4.1 many times on this hardware.

Your thoughts are very welcome.

Skip
Have you tried another microsd? I had a relatively new 32gb card go bad (well, get obnoxiously slow which I assume is due to error correcting going crazy).
Thanks, that did the trick. I have HughesNet satellite service and there are delays between packets that I suspect may also contribute to these kind of issues. I think the sdcard that completed the build my be a little faster, as well.

Skip