Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode 7.0.1 - MinimServer 2 on Synology
Hi, 
Just received my rpi 3 with allo boss dac HAT. 
Spotify working, web radio working but I installed minim server on my synology NAS and I can't get music. On my iphone or Windows it's working. 

I activated UPNP, scan, I have the metadata without the covers Sad. But when I want to play a song I have the error :

Example:

MPD error

Failed to decode /var/lib/mpd/music/Server/387 albums/Sultans Of Swing (Limited Edition)/Sultans Of Swing.mp3; Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/Server/387 albums/Sultans Of Swing (Limited Edition)/Sultans Of Swing.mp3': Transport endpoint is not connected

[Image: error2.png]

[Image: error1.jpg]

[Image: error3.jpg]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time
@Baltazarbugs

You didn't tell us what you're doing here but I infer from the MPD message that you must have enabled the UPnP Media Browser, created a UPnP Music Source for your Minimserver, and scanned it.

I"m not sure why you'd do this when your Synology NAS offers a decent Samba/SMB server function, but never mind me.

I never had any trouble with moOde as UPnP Renderer and Minimserver as UPnP Media Server.

So I tried to repro the configuration I think you have. Enabled the UPnP Media Browser, created a UPnP Music Source for just one slice through the UPnP thicket, and scanned it.

Here's a snippet of the Audio Info report while I'm playing a track from the Minimserver:

Code:
Source  UPNPminim/75 items/Clementi: Piano Sonata in D major, Op 25 No 6 - Movement 2: Un poco andante.flac

No problem.

I've never seen the error message you post. 

My guess is that you started the scan too high in the Minimserver mount and MPD has built up a database with multiple paths describing the same tracks.

It's important to note that UPnP Media Servers create synthetic views of their content: depending on the server you may be presented with album, artist, genre, ..., views, each leading eventually to a desired track, but most not describing actual directory/subdirectory/track structure. You need to scan repeatedly while creating your Music Source until you've drilled down to a base level. I think this is a P-I-T-A and consequently never use the UPnP Media Browser but there's no easy solution to the problem presented by the servers.

Back to my first point: use the SAMBA service if possible.

Regards,
Kent
@Baltazarbugs

After reflection, I realized what I posted above isn't a complete explanation. 

If the UPnP Media Browser + MPD scan actually managed to complete, then the multiple paths to a track as they are stored in MPD's database should not have caused the error you see. [I've just proven this to myself in a test with my system]. The only penalty would be a corpulent database.

Something had to have invalidated the path you chose to play. Sorry, I don't know for sure what that something is, but it's not something in moOde per se.

Regards,
Kent
@Baltazarbugs

Have you ever watched a Road Runner cartoon where Wile E. Cayote runs off the edge of a cliff but doesn't know it until he looks down? That's me with this issue Blush

The last lines in your final screen capture tell it all

Code:
df: /mnt/UPNP: Transport endpoint is not connected

but I was too focused on the MPD message for a specific track. Not just the path to the specific track but the path to the server itself is inaccessible. Obviously it was accessible when MPD scanned the tracks, otherwise the track wouldn't be in its database, but something happened afterwards. 

The UPnP Media Browser uses the FUSE file system to mount the remote server's offerings as if they were part of the local file system. Here's the first two levels of /mnt/UPNP on my moOde player after enabling the browser and creating a music source. Note that it found the Minimserver I asked moOde to scan but also another moOde player ("TR34b") on which the DLNA Server is enabled. In fact, it will find and mount all UPnP/DLNA Media Servers on the LAN.

Code:
pi@moode:/mnt/UPNP $ ls -l
total 2
-r--r--r--  1 root root  42 Jan  1  2000  devices
dr-xr-xr-x 14 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'MinimServer[xenon]'
dr-xr-xr-x  5 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'TR34B UPNP-mediaserver'
pi@moode:/mnt/UPNP $ ls -l 'MinimServer[xenon]'
total 6
dr-xr-xr-x 16 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '12 albums'
dr-xr-xr-x  6 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '2 playlists'
dr-xr-xr-x  4 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '75 items'
dr-xr-xr-x 38 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 'All Artists'
dr-xr-xr-x 38 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Artist
dr-xr-xr-x 33 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Composer
dr-xr-xr-x 12 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Date
dr-xr-xr-x  8 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '[folder view]'
dr-xr-xr-x 19 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  Genre
dr-xr-xr-x  2 root root 512 Jan  1  2000  _search
dr-xr-xr-x  4 root root 512 Jan  1  2000 '[untagged]'

I tried to repro your issue by simply turning off the Minimserver. The system fails gracefully. The /mnt/UPNP/[MinimServer[xenon] mountpoint disappears and if I try to play a track from MPD's database then an appropriate "Failed to decode...Failed to open...No such file or directory" error shows on-screen and the following entry appears in the MPD log

Code:
Mar 11 13:35 : exception: Failed to decode /var/lib/mpd/music/UPNPminim/75 items/Winter - Largo.dsf; Failed to open '/var/lib/mpd/music/UPNPminim/75 items/Winter - Largo.dsf': No such file or directory

Turn on the server and moOde/MPD can now play the same track.

I'm curious to know what you get with an "ls -l /mnt/UPNP" when you're having your issue.

Regards,
Kent