Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.1.0 support thread
@ListenToMusic

Hmmm. The moOde image is installed on an 8GB thumbdrive and the root file system has been expanded.

And, yet, the output from the df command says the root file system is only 3.4GB with 418MB free. These numbers are suggestive of the disk being only 4GB.

This possibility can be checked from the command line

Code:
sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb

NOTE - I'm assuming the thumbdrive is mounted as /dev/sdb because the boot partition is mounted as /dev/sdb1. You could just omit the /dev/sdb from the command and sift through the results.

The output of this command will tell you how big RaspiOS thinks the drive is, as well as what and how big the partitions are.

Regards,
Kent
(07-19-2021, 02:08 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Code:
sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdb

NOTE - I'm assuming the thumbdrive is mounted as /dev/sdb because the boot partition is mounted as /dev/sdb1. You could just omit the /dev/sdb from the command and sift through the results.
 The thumb-drive, indeed is mounted as /dev/sdb. The capacity of the stick is definitely 8GB as you can see from the fdisk -l output

Code:
Disk /dev/sdb: 7.3 GiB, 7803174912 bytes, 15240576 sectors
Disk model: TransMemory    
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x067e19d7

Device     Boot  Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sdb1         8192   532479   524288  256M  c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sdb2       532480 15240575 14708096    7G 83 Linux
@ListenToMusic

I see two possibilities at this point.

1) Somehow the root file system has not been expanded to fill the 7GB partition even though moodeutl reports it has been. My memory is bad and I'm not in a position to roll back to a 7.1.0 system to try to reproduce the issue but maybe @Tim Curtis can comment on this.

2) (unlikely but possible) The file system which is mounted as the root file system is actually in some other partition/drive. This is easy to check. Try

Code:
mount | grep ' / '

For your system this command should report something like

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ mount | grep ' / '
/dev/sdb2 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime)

Regards,
Kent
To troubleshoot try the commands below.

Code from raspi-config script. This prints the name of the root partition.
Code:
echo $(mount | sed -n 's|^/dev/\(.*\) on / .*|\1|p')

Print size in bytes of rootfs.
Code:
lsblk -o size -nb /dev/disk/by-label/rootfs

You can also manually run the resize command that moOde uses to see if it works or if there are any errors.
Code:
sudo /var/www/command/resizefs.sh start

sudo reboot
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
The name of the root partition:
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ echo $(mount | sed -n 's|^/dev/\(.*\) on / .*|\1|p')
sdb2
The size of rootfs
Code:
pi@moode:~ $ lsblk -o size -nb /dev/disk/by-label/rootfs
In earlier post "df -h" reports 3.5G for rootfs but "lsblk" reports 7530545152 (7.0G). These two should be ~same.

These commands show the numbers in G
Code:
lsblk -o size -n /dev/disk/by-label/rootfs

df -h | grep root | awk '{print $2}'

Examples from couple of my systems
Code:
pi@rp2:~ $ lsblk -o size -n /dev/disk/by-label/rootfs
29.5G
pi@rp2:~ $ df -h | grep root | awk '{print $2}'
29G

pi@moode:~ $ lsblk -o size -n /dev/disk/by-label/rootfs
3.9G
pi@moode:~ $ df -h | grep root | awk '{print $2}'
3.9G
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@ListenToMusic

As Tim and I have pointed out in different ways, there's a discrepancy in the numbers you report. It seems to me we could keep poking for a while and still not understand how your 7.1.0 player got to the state it's in. 

If I were you, I'd start over with a fresh install of the current release (7.3.0) on a uSD card known to be good.

Regards,
Kent
Thank you very much for your help!

I was trying to avoid the hassle of a fresh install and manual addition of local stations.

I also notice the discrepancy. Trying the resize command I did get the following:

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo /var/www/command/resizefs.sh start
sdb2 is not an SD card. Don't know how to expand 20 60 2

May be the issue is that I am using a usb stick instead of an sdcard. I find usb sticks more reliable than sdcards (two sdcards have failed on me).
(07-21-2021, 03:02 PM)ListenToMusic Wrote: I was trying to avoid the hassle of a fresh install and manual addition of local stations.

Under the cog icon top left of your radio station list, you will find the option to export the station list. This will download a zip file which you can then upload with the import function in the same location once upgraded.
----------------
Robert
@ListenToMusic

No, the choice of USB stick vs uSD card is not the root cause of this issue. The distinction is abstracted away in the OS. I use either on test and production systems as needs dictate.

Regards,
Kent