Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.1.0 support thread
Right. MPD is known to crash on 64-bit kernel.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-01-2021, 02:55 AM)Pbnmjk Wrote: Hello,
In first place: GREAT JOB!!!
In second place, I found an issue: I'm running RPI4 8GB in 64bit mode (I know is experimental) all work and sound fine, but the database dissapear from time to time.
The other day I was playing music for hours and before I go to bed I added two songs (without problem), but when I tried to play these tracks the software was irresponsive, then I come back to library and I found database disappear.
Sometimes I start the RPI4 and RAID without problem, all work fine from start, but other times no USB and no database. When I turn off and on USB RAID, system stars scanning all again from zero.
My RAID is 12TB (usable), all my music is in AIFF format, more than 89.000 tracks.
The anoying part, is the time the system use for scan again all the songs and of course I think this is an issue.
Some sugestion?

Update: It's happen again... I was listening an album then I do play/clear using other album from the same RAID and error message, Volume disappear. If I click USB, nothing...
Where can I find message error to copy?

Bad/corrupt SD card?
How long does it take to scan your library? My Pi3B+ takes about 4-5hrs to scan in 100k tracks (and >9500 thumbnails) on an NFS share over 5gWiFi.
(04-01-2021, 06:24 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: @Pbnmjk

In the System Tab  change to 32 bit version.
The 64bit version is, as you know, experimental... Wink
@DRONE7

Thank you for your time, I will do it, but the sound using 64bit is amazing...
(Better resolution than 32bit in my system and better than my Bryston BDP)
(04-01-2021, 12:35 AM)KeithC Wrote: Attempting to turn bluetooth on on my pi zero + pirateaudio causes browser access to hang. SSH works fine though, as does the sqlite3 fix.

No problems with bluetooth on pi 4.

Fixed by hashing out line "dtoverlay=disable-bt" in /boot/config.txt
(04-01-2021, 10:25 PM)KeithC Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 12:35 AM)KeithC Wrote: Attempting to turn bluetooth on on my pi zero + pirateaudio causes browser access to hang. SSH works fine though, as does the sqlite3 fix.

No problems with bluetooth on pi 4.

Fixed by hashing out line "dtoverlay=disable-bt" in /boot/config.txt

The dtoverlay=disable-bt line is already "hashed out" in the /boot/config.txt file that is distributed with moOde 7.1.0.

Regards,
Kent
(04-01-2021, 11:48 AM)vinnn Wrote: PbnmjkHello,
In first place: GREAT JOB!!!
In second place, I found an issue: I'm running RPI4 8GB in 64bit mode (I know is experimental) all work and sound fine, but the database dissapear from time to time.
The other day I was playing music for hours and before I go to bed I added two songs (without problem), but when I tried to play these tracks the software was irresponsive, then I come back to library and I found database disappear.
Sometimes I start the RPI4 and RAID without problem, all work fine from start, but other times no USB and no database. When I turn off and on USB RAID, system stars scanning all again from zero.
My RAID is 12TB (usable), all my music is in AIFF format, more than 89.000 tracks.
The anoying part, is the time the system use for scan again all the songs and of course I think this is an issue.
Some sugestion?

Update: It's happen again... I was listening an album then I do play/clear using other album from the same RAID and error message, Volume disappear. If I click USB, nothing...
Where can I find message error to copy?

Bad/corrupt SD card?
How long does it take to scan your library? My Pi3B+ takes about 4-5hrs to scan in 100k tracks (and >9500 thumbnails) on an NFS share over 5gWiFi.
@vinnn

SD card was formatted yesterday, I moved back to 32bit and at this moment all work fine.
My RPI3B+ take 3 hours aprox. but It's using USB 2.0.
My RPI4 8GB take in between one hour and 1 hour and a half using USB 3.0.
(04-01-2021, 10:24 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right. MPD is known to crash on 64-bit kernel.

@Tim Curtis 

But when it works, it's amazing...
Well, after some hours of listening using 32bit instead of 64 bits, the problem came back.
I left the system ON after ending listening session and when I tried to play some tracks again the HD and USB disappeared.
It seems the problem is produced when RAID goes to sleep because no activity.
After the RAID goes to sleep moOde can't find RAID and I need regenerate all again.
I can't disable RAID sleep mode.
That's seems a deal breaker Cry
I had no such problem with a QNAP NAS (2x HDDs set as RAID), now I use this NAS as a data backup for the primary NAS which is dedicated to music file only. All on Ethernet connectivity, separate MoOde RPi streamers available for playing independently in two different rooms (before and now).

The RAID HDDs were (are) going to 'sleep' and getting 'active' (with a 10-15 seconds delay) when there was any attempt to play music via MoOde. I'd say: question your USB RAID and the application running it...

I am probably off the mark here... however I remember a friend getting terribly annoyed when he had been trying to revive an old PC into a generic NAS running a numerous bunch of multiple brand, capacity and format (2.5" and 3.5") HDDs governed by a reputable free LINUX NAS application. Long story short, he gained peace only after eliminating a couple of HDDs (apparently too lazy to kick into spinning... firmware maybe?) and switching to another reputable LINUX NAS application. He's now boasting that there is in the Amazon (not the company) at least ONE TREE saved by him... him only.
(04-02-2021, 04:32 AM)Pbnmjk Wrote: I can't disable RAID sleep mode.
That's seems a deal breaker Cry

Really !?  That would seem a 'deal breaker' for the NAS and RAID you are using.... Sad   (and definitely not a MoOde issue)
Hope you can contact the providers of your RAID and find a solution for the 'sleep mode' behaviour.

Meanwhile perhaps another NAS distro ?   OMV works very well for many users here.
----------
bob