Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Camilla DSP
@Freezy94027 for sure PEQ is simpler, but Left and Right are using the same EQ, while with Camilla, left and right can get different EQ, better for room correction, no advantage for headphones.
Last night I was testing both with my headphones, I could not tell if one was better than the other but I had to boost the volume almost to 100 with CamillaDSP while the PEQ stayed at 70.
I did ask in a new thread, but maybe I should ask here. Under moOde 7.1 (just upgraded) I don't think CamillaDSP is doing anything. moOde reports it as stopping and starting when I change it's config on moOde, but when I look in the pipeline editor, it says it is offline.
(04-11-2021, 04:36 AM)inthemoode Wrote: I did ask in a new thread, but maybe I should ask here.  Under moOde 7.1 (just upgraded) I don't think CamillaDSP is doing anything. moOde reports it as stopping and starting when I change it's config on moOde, but when I look in the pipeline editor, it says it is offline.

Please do not cross-post your queries  whilst you fail to provide answers in other threads...
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...9#pid32559
----------
bob
(04-11-2021, 08:22 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 04:36 AM)inthemoode Wrote: I did ask in a new thread, but maybe I should ask here.  Under moOde 7.1 (just upgraded) I don't think CamillaDSP is doing anything. moOde reports it as stopping and starting when I change it's config on moOde, but when I look in the pipeline editor, it says it is offline.

Please do not cross-post your queries  whilst you fail to provide answers in other threads...
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...9#pid32559

I answered as soon as I saw the response.  btw.  the email notification didn't work, so I didn't immediately see your response.

and also btw.  you never addressed my main question, which is why it says it is offline.
I have placed a very basic tutorial how to create your first own camilladsp configuration here.
(04-29-2021, 06:48 PM)bitlab Wrote: I have placed a very basic tutorial how to create your first own camilladsp configuration here.

Well done.  I appreciate people taking the time to do stuff like this.
Tim and team – many thanks for developing and maintaining MoOde – there is usually at least one instance playing around the house somewhere – definitely time for another donation!

I’ve not gotten round to using DSP yet – I usually just get drawn into listening to the music and forget about fiddling with any of the settings, but I’m thinking about playing with the Camilla options now accessed via MoOde.  I don’t use headphones at home, so my interest is around Speaker and Room Eq.  I’ve started reading the very useful material provided by @bitlab – thanks!  I’ve also accessed the links kindly provided by @DRONE7 and @jonners, and the Camilla materials directly on the DIY Audio threads and Github.  My conclusion is that I have a steep learning curve ahead that will keep me occupied for a while…

I already have a few questions that maybe someone on the form has already covered and can point me in the right direction:
1. I’ll be using REW for room and speaker scans on the way to convolution files etc, but getting a suitable calibrated microphone at a reasonable price is close to impossible at the moment.  I have an Audyssey ACM1HB microphone (they used to be supplied under various brands with home cinema amps to help with setup) - has anyone any experience of trying this – there are a few hits around t’interweb suggesting it can work reasonable well?
2. Does anyone know of a similar resource to the AutoEQ (headphones) page – but for speakers?
3. It seems that Convolution filters need to be created for each sample rate to be played.  My music has a range of rates, and would pose a problem.  I think there is a workaround in Camilla, but I don’t understand that yet.  Would it be possible to set SOX to resample to a common rate and bit depth (e.g. 24/192) to avoid this constraint – i.e. does SOX do its stuff before passing it to Camilla?
4. Is there a recommended minimum RPi for this, especially if using something like 24/192 (and maybe resampling to get there)? (I won’t be running REW on the Pi).

(I’m not sure if this is the right thread – apologies if not).

Regards
Adrian
Hi Adrian,
for 1)
I started using DSP in cars, but for home, the process is the same, (in cars you eq each drivers separately) check out this video to start, and there are a lot of videos to set up REW.
If your Audyssey ACM1HB microphone has a calibration file you can try it.
I used a cheap IMM-6, it comes with a calibrated file needed for REW. Someone on Amazon compared the IMM-6 against the more expensive UMM-6 and measurements are practically the same. IMM-6 needs a TRRS cable and a laptop that support TRRS.
for 2) I don't think so, each rooms are different, so speakers may act differently from home to home.
3 & 4, don't know.
@adrian311

3. The workaround in camilladsp is to use $samplerate$ in the convolution file name in the camilladsp config:
Code:
If the filename includes the tokens $samplerate$ or $channels$, these will be replaced by the corresponding values from the config. For example, if samplerate is 44100, the filename /path/to/filter_$samplerate$.raw will be updated to /path/to/filter_44100.raw.
The sox workarround also works, it is indeed earlier in the chain then camilladsp. But only works with music (local/network) played by MPD itself. 

4. Minium is a RPI 3 or higher. With a basic convolution and a sample rate of 192/24 I don't see a problem.
Thanks @Alaini93 & @bitlab - good info/advice as ever. Regards Adrian