Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No volume control over Bluetooth
Hello Tim
I installed version 7.1.0 yesterday. For me, it is the best working version so far. But there is one point that is not usable to me. I have a turntable connected via Bluetooth. Unfortunately, the volume cannot be adjusted in that mode, or I don't know-how.
I am using the HIFIBerry Amp2 hat. Therefore there is no volume control via potentiometer.
Do you have any suggestions or ideas?
moOde's Bluetooth receiver function assumes the client (Smartphone, Tablet, etc) is responsible for controlling volume. I think Bluetooth turntables assume the receiver controls volume as would be the case for Bluetooth speakers.

Bluetooth receiver volume could prolly be added to moOde but it's not a trivial amount of work and so there would need to be some amount of demand for this to get it on the TODO list.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks, Tim, for the quick answer. That means I have to go back to the old times and use an ordinary analog amplifier for the turntable. Wink
(04-07-2021, 03:00 PM)BitCoder Wrote: Thanks, Tim, for the quick answer. That means I have to go back to the old times and use an ordinary analog amplifier for the turntable. Wink

If it's just the lack of a physical volume control that is troubling you, then why not get a self-contained, USB-interfaced volume-control knob? One such example is the Drok that I use but there are others. 

These devices have been supported in moOde for some time. Look under Volume options in the Audio Config panel.

Regards,
Kent
I am coming back to this subject. After a long time, I have got the time to test a USB volume control as suggested. In general, it does work. But there is a problem when switching from the ordinary to the Bluetooth source. The volume changes to 100% for a short period. If the Bluetooth source already sends music, then you will be startled, and the loudspeaker might be damaged too.
Is there a way that the volume is set to 0% while switching the sources until the USB volume control is reread?
USB volume control is only for MPD.

Volume for a Bluetooth source is always set by the source. Set the source volume to 0 before connecting.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub