Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec Support
(04-07-2021, 04:05 PM)azimuth Wrote: I agree and I love LDAC. With something like a FiiO BTR5 or a EarStudio ES100, you could stream whatever is playing in moOde while you are wearing headphones all over the house or even mowing the yard. Basically to ANY LDAC device. LDAC is the only way Bluetooth is considered hi-fi for me as I am used to Coax and a Pi2AES.

Why LDAC? Higher speed transfer rate...
[Image: 02.png]

I know this is propaganda from Sony's site on LDAC, but you need to hear it an experience it. 

And yes, it did start with Sony, but LDAC source code was contributed to Android Open Source Project, allowing SRC (Smartphone) manufacturers to install LDAC software for FREE. More and more hi-res players and BT devices are coming as LDAC compatible for good reason.

And if it can be added with just a few changes to moOde, this would be awesome! Mostly because LDAC is not a Bluetooth protocol, rather just a different codec.

Agreed.  LDAC is excellent and it would be sweet if moOde have the LDAC codec within its OS so my other wireless devices that supports LDAC can communicate and stream with moOde.

Messages In This Thread
Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec Support - by Hyperduel - 04-07-2021, 03:42 PM
RE: Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec Support - by Hyperduel - 04-07-2021, 05:02 PM