Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Sony LDAC Bluetooth Codec Support
Just to say I've followed scblock's guide and it works, and the functionality appears solid after some testing here. There are some considerations though. Where possible I attempted to checkout specific release tags rather than just compiling the arbitrary current state of git. However for the aptx sink functionality you currently do have to compile the current state of git because no release has been tagged since the commits providing this functionality were added. For the LDAC encode functionality I checked out the last point release (git checkout tag/v2.0.2.3).

Perhaps once openaptx and bluealsa have been tagged with release tags including this functionality, Is it possible to distribute a script that the user can opt either to run or not, to automate downloading the relevant source and compiling & installing support for these codecs? Or does even providing that much facilitation put the project in a difficult position?
For these kinds of things someone can easily create and maintain a Git repo containing the instructions, scripts etc and provide ongoing user support for the components using the repo's issue list. If someone takes responsibility for doing this then feel free to post a link to the repo.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I followed scblock guide and only SBC and AAC worked, while AptX don't work.
(04-04-2022, 08:22 AM)the4anoni Wrote: I followed scblock guide and only SBC and AAC worked, while AptX don't work.

If, following the guide, you checked out the git code recently:
there has been a change in configuration of bluealsa recently, command line options are needed to enable the other audio
codecs

(I haven't noodled with it recently, the version that I built was made before this change and does function as a drop-in replacement to the 7.6.1 moode code.) 

I *think* the commit where that change happened is here: https://github.com/Arkq/bluez-alsa/commi...0dece1b786

so you might try changing to a commit earlier than that one, and build from that.

I keep meaning to take a few hours and build the newest and figure out the needed config file changes, but I keep getting distracted...
(04-04-2022, 08:47 PM)swinokur Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 08:22 AM)the4anoni Wrote: I followed scblock guide and only SBC and AAC worked, while AptX don't work.

If, following the guide, you checked out the git code recently:
there has been a change in configuration of bluealsa recently, command line options are needed to enable the other audio
codecs

(I haven't noodled with it recently, the version that I built was made before this change and does function as a drop-in replacement to the 7.6.1 moode code.) 

I *think* the commit where that change happened is here: https://github.com/Arkq/bluez-alsa/commi...0dece1b786

so you might try changing to a commit earlier than that one, and build from that.

I keep meaning to take a few hours and build the newest and figure out the needed config file changes, but I keep getting distracted...

Did you tried to build BlueZ with AptX on moOde 8?