Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Color issues on Android
Photo 

[attachment=2237]
Hello!

I have a problem when accessing moodeplayer from my Samsung galaxy tablet. The UI is only barely readable, no contrast. When I managed to go into a "Configure" submenue, eg "System", all is perfect. Any ideas? Same behaviour with different browsers.

thanks for any input

Frank

sry for double post, but wasn't able to attach 2 pics in initial posting
Looks like you've attached a blurry photo of a small bit of the screen which doesn't help anyone understand your problem. A screenshot would be better.
Also what browser and version?
Ok, a screenshot:

(04-08-2021, 05:03 PM)vinnn Wrote: Looks like you've attached a blurry photo of a small bit of the screen which doesn't help anyone understand your problem. A screenshot would be better.
Also what browser and version?

Well, the photo isn't that blurry, it's the way the main screen is rendered. To clarify the problem:
The main screen is rendered kinda wrong. I have white text on dark backround (ootb appearance) normally, not a bright backround. The 2nd photo shows the system submenue, where all is rendered correctly. Understood? If not, please tell me what exactly is so hard to understand.
Was chrome 42.0.2311, but same behaviour on other browsers.
@pinback

You haven't said whether you're able to display the moOde WebUI on any other device but I've had no problems with a variety of browsers on several different Google-branded Android devices. Samsung is known to muck pretty deeply in the Android infrastructure so YMMV, as they say. 

If dark mode and/or color inversion are enabled in your Samsung settings, does inverting the settings change anything?

Does changing the various moOde Appearance settings change anything?

As well as my Android devices, my Apple iOS iPad, Linux laptop/desktops, and a Windows10 virtual machine all take the moOde WebUI in stride.

Regards,
Kent
Hey Kent,

Firefox displays moOde WebUI perfectly on my W10 pc with Firefox, but internet explorer makes the same mistake: main UI wrong (same as on that Android screenshot above), SubUIs are all fine.
Firefox works on linux too here, but on the Samsung tablet I can't install it cuz of old Android 4.x ...
Also it's my first and only Android device, so can't compare.
Changing the appearences/color schemes didn't help (from another machine with firefox simultanously logged in), the main moOde WebUI remained the same, while the SubUIs adapted on chosen color theme.

If you had an Internet Explorer available, you maybe would be able to reproduce my problem.

Dark mode/color in Samsung settings not checked yet, will do asap.

Thanks for your time,
Frank
@pinback

Android 4.x, Internet Explorer? These are quite old, with last releases I believe in 2013-2014. The moOde project does not have the man-power to backport current features to such old technology. Sorry.

Regards,
Kent
(04-08-2021, 07:58 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @pinback

Android 4.x, Internet Explorer? These are quite old, with last releases I believe in 2013-2014. The moOde project does not have the man-power to backport current features to such old technology. Sorry.

Regards,
Kent

Thats understandable, np at all. Just hoped for a possible easy fix cuz the submenues render fine.

Have fun,

Frank
Tested several browsers, seems like the UC browser is the only one able to display moOde webUI the way it should be on that old device.
Internet Explorer is an old browser that breaks a lot of sites and is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Chrome 42 is a 6 year old web browser and again is unsupported by Google.

Samsung have a web browser in the Google Play store based on the current Chromium codebase see if you can use that.
Otherwise if you can't use a current web browser on the old tablet maybe it's time to shop for a new tablet.