Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Chromecast
Hi all. My first pi and just wanting to install moode. My problem is I only have a Chromebook so needed to use the recovery tool to mount the raspberry os iso. I've tried a few times to use the same method for moode but I can never get it too work. Am I best just using a Windows PC to do it. Thanks.
(04-08-2021, 05:49 PM)Hibees Wrote: Hi all. My first pi and just wanting to install moode. My problem is I only have a Chromebook so needed to use the recovery tool to mount the raspberry os iso. I've tried a few times to use the same method for moode but I can never get it too work. Am I best just using a Windows PC to do it. Thanks.

If you also have a Windows PC then I suggest you use it with Balena Etcher to flash the moOde image to your uSD card.

I've never had a Chromebook to explore. The official Raspberry Pi docs claim using the recovery tool should work: Installing operating system images using Chrome OS. I don't know why it isn't working for you.

Regards, 
Kent
(04-08-2021, 06:25 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 05:49 PM)Hibees Wrote: Hi all. My first pi and just wanting to install moode. My problem is I only have a Chromebook so needed to use the recovery tool to mount the raspberry os iso. I've tried a few times to use the same method for moode but I can never get it too work. Am I best just using a Windows PC to do it. Thanks.

If you also have a Windows PC then I suggest you use it with Balena Etcher to flash the moOde image to your uSD card.

I've never had a Chromebook to explore. The official Raspberry Pi docs claim using the recovery tool should work: Installing operating system images using Chrome OS. I don't know why it isn't working for you.

Regards, 
Kent

Hi Kent, yeah it looks like I will need a Windows PC. The official pi os works fine but I have tried moode and volumio with no joy.
Tried balena but when I turn the pi on nothing happens. Am I doing something totally stupid. I download the moode file. Use balena to put it on the SD card and then place the SD card in the pi? Is it as simple as that or is there more too it. Totally frustrating
(04-09-2021, 04:51 PM)Hibees Wrote: Tried balena but when I turn the pi on nothing happens. Am I doing something totally stupid. I download the moode file. Use balena to put it on the SD card and then place the SD card in the pi? Is it as simple as that or is there more too it. Totally frustrating

There is a setup guide.
Your next step after putting the SD card into the pi and connecting the power depends on if you have it connected to your network over ethernet or not.
----------------
Robert