Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Missing thumbnails in "Albums by Artist" column
Just noticed, looking at the results of an advanced search, the right hand column has only a few thumbnails,  but some of the blank ones do show cover art down below, when I click on one of them.

I have been using Musicbrainz Picard to try to improve my cover art and metadata.   Just wondering what is the difference between those that show thumbnails and those that don't.
Thumbnails are created by the thumbnail generator which is part of the "Update library" process. It can also be run stand-alone from Library Config.

The thumbnail generator writes log entries to /var/log/moode.log including any errors it encounters trying to create thumbnail images.There is also a Preferences setting "Cover search priority" that determines whether the thumbnail generator first looks for a cover image file or an embedded image in the folder containing the album tracks. The last track in the folder is the one used to check for an embedded image.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-11-2021, 11:31 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thumbnails are created by the thumbnail generator which is part of the "Update library" process. It can also be run stand-alone from Library Config.

The thumbnail generator writes log entries to /var/log/moode.log including any errors it encounters trying to create thumbnail images.There is also a Preferences setting "Cover search priority" that determines whether the thumbnail generator first looks for a cover image file or an embedded image in the folder containing the album tracks. The last track in the folder is the one used to check for an embedded image.

Ah, OK.  That should let me track it down and configure Picard to do what moOde needs.  Thanks heaps.