Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: A "main menu" for UI
I,

I found the web user interface of Moode Audio is difficult to use with a smartphone

That is to say, it's hard to switch from a screen to another

For example, if I'm playing a playlist, and I want to go back to librairy to browse from genre / artist / album / titles I have to try a lot of thinks to find it out.

I think it should be easy if we always have a "main menu" button with a list of preset interface pages

For example, the "m" menu at top right corner is a good idea, it's easy to go to config or bluetooth page

Regards
Just tapping the large cover in the playback screen takes you back to what ever library view you were on. Is that what you need?
----------------
Robert
(04-18-2021, 10:40 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Just tapping the large cover in the playback screen takes you back to what ever library view you were on.  Is that what you need?

Hi,

When I use the smartphone in landscape orientation the UI is not responsive

I have to use it only in portrait mode.

I can tap the to cover and go back to library.

It's slow, it takes several seconds, sometimes the touch is not detected, sometimes Moode server did not respond.
When you touch the screen, you have to wait to see if it respond or not.
Also, it take a little amount of time for the smartphone to send the request, for the RPI to received it, for Moode to act and send response, and for the smartphone to display 
But it's would be better if the UI itslefs give fast "feedback" for user touch

When I'm in library, to see genre you have to do a "swipe right" on the touch screen

I'm not very friendly with smartphones  Blush

I think it would be easy to have labelled buttons "back to library" or "show genre" rater than strange touch-screen gesture hidden features with a delay
  Big Grin

There is no device as friendly as mechanical buttons  Big Grin

Regards
(04-18-2021, 11:15 AM)electroremy Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 10:40 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: Just tapping the large cover in the playback screen takes you back to what ever library view you were on.  Is that what you need?

Hi,

When I use the smartphone in landscape orientation the UI is not responsive

I have to use it only in portrait mode.

I can tap the to cover and go back to library.

It's slow, it takes several seconds, sometimes the touch is not detected, sometimes Moode server did not respond.
When you touch the screen, you have to wait to see if it respond or not.
Also, it take a little amount of time for the smartphone to send the request, for the RPI to received it, for Moode to act and send response, and for the smartphone to display ........................................................ snip  .....................................................

@electroremy  

The problems you are describing don't stem from a correctly installed and configured MoOde build but tend to characterise a problem with the mobile phone (connectivity, configuration, firmware, model age). Try to test with a different browser on the current phone and/or a different phone (tablet)... and swap the RPi connection to the network to LAN cable in case you're using the WiFi (just to eliminate a delay of responsiveness on the RPi side).

All the above is with the assumption that your MoOde build is not corrupt and/or there are no unusual configurations/addons.
[quote pid='32776' dateline='1618746077']
@electroremy  

The problems you are describing don't stem from a correctly installed and configured MoOde build but tend to characterise a problem with the mobile phone (connectivity, configuration, firmware, model age). Try to test with a different browser on the current phone and/or a different phone (tablet)... and swap the RPi connection to the network to LAN cable in case you're using the WiFi (just to eliminate a delay of responsiveness on the RPi side).

All the above is with the assumption that your MoOde build is not corrupt and/or there are no unusual configurations/addons.
[/quote]

Hi

My Moode Audio is up to date, no add-on, and works with no errors
My smarthphone is a Galaxy A40

Indeed, my RPI is connected to my LAN with WIFI
And also, my smartphone is connected to my LAN with WIFI
All in the air  Big Grin

It will sure be better with a LAN cable

Regards
(04-18-2021, 12:52 PM)electroremy Wrote: [quote pid='32776' dateline='1618746077']
@electroremy  

Hi

My Moode Audio is up to date, no add-on, and works with no errors
My smarthphone is a Galaxy A40

Indeed, my RPI is connected to my LAN with WIFI
And also, my smartphone is connected to my LAN with WIFI
All in the air  Big Grin

It will sure be better with a LAN cable

Regards
[/quote]

I'm running on an A40 too, and it certainly isn't the quickest phone I've seen Smile.  The company pay for it though, so I mustn't complain.
My experience on it has been that the Chromuim based browsers can be laggy, but Firefox is a bit faster.
My Wife's phone was 3x the price and runs the moOde UI like a dream.
----------------
Robert