Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Library file structure for multi-CD compilation
Question 
Hi, everyone,
In my library, I have files from ripped from a compilation consisting of four CDs, each one with a different genre of music. (This is not a commercial, boxed set, but four burned CDs given to me by a friend.) In my music library, the music files from each CD reside in a separate folder, and each folder is named like "compilation 1, compilation 2," etc. Furthermore, I edited the ID tags by hand for each file, as shown below.
What I would like to see is each CD represented as a separate album, with the relevant tracks contained within each one. Instead, what I am getting in Moode is each track appearing by itself, with no grouping with the CD it came from. The only thing these tracks have, visually, to identify them as part of a compilation is the same album art, which I embedded in the files when I first did the tagging. 
I would love to know what I'm doing wrong and how to get the individual CD "albums" to show up the way I want, rather than each song showing up separately.
I'd love some advice on this!
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For compilation albums it is usually necessary to set the "Album Artist" tag to some value such as "Various Artists". The combination of Album title and album artist keeps the tracks together.

You may also get some joy by trying the folder path as a key. M/Preferences/Library (Advanced) and set Album key to "FolderPath"
----------------
Robert
(04-19-2021, 03:15 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: For compilation albums it is usually necessary to set the "Album Artist" tag to some value such as "Various Artists".  The combination of Album title and album artist keeps the tracks together.

You may also get some joy by trying the folder path as a key.  M/Preferences/Library (Advanced) and set Album key to "FolderPath"

Yes! Editing the Album Artist tag to Various Artists did the trick. I'm so happy. Thanks so much!!!  Big Grin