Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: CamillaDSP - MPD unable to play flat.yml
(05-14-2021, 06:37 AM)windows97 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 07:47 PM)bitlab Wrote: @windows97 The problem "MPD unable to play flat.yml" is not really a specifc issue to solve. It a general way of saying that it 'just' doesn't work, so there will not not be a single solution to solve it. In case of the OP the cause was found and solved.

If the config file contains a red cross at the moode camilladsp config page (like with selecting the config and press the check button), it can be the case the config file is corrupt or invalid.
It this is the case can you download the flat config and post it here, thanks?

@katariat any reason why you didn't provided the requested information anymore?

There is a hotfix available to enable toggling of the requested debug information from the moode camilladsp config page:
Code:
sudo wget -q http://moodeaudio.org/test/camilla_hotfix1.zip
sudo unzip -q ./camilla_hotfix1.zip
sudo ./camilla_hotfix1/install.sh
sudo rm -rf ./camilla_hotfix1*
After this you can change the log level to verbose.

And if the camilladgui configuration is valid (pipeline configuration > listbox > select config > press button check), then:

Some of the problems can come of that the playback device used in the camilladsp config uses the "hw:x,0" instead of the "plughw:x,0"device.
You can check this by:
  • On the moode camilladsp config page diable the option of patch the default device in the general section.
  • On the moode camilladsp config page pipelineditor editor section; eanble expert mode and flip status to on.
  • On the moode camilladsp config page pipelineditor editor section; press open editor
  • In the camillagui editor on the devices tab section playback device change 'hw:x,0' to 'plughw:x,0'

@bitlab Here is how my flat.yml looks like:

devices:
  samplerate: 44100
  chunksize: 1024
  queuelimit: 1
  capture:
    type: File
    channels: 2
    filename: "/dev/stdin"
    format: S16LE
  playback:
    type: Alsa
    channels: 2
    device: "hw:2,0"
    format: S32LE
mixers:
  stereo:
    channels:
      in: 2
      out: 2
    mapping:
      - dest: 0
        sources:
          - channel: 0
            gain: -3
            inverted: false
      - dest: 1
        sources:
          - channel: 1
            gain: -3
            inverted: false
pipeline:
  - type: Mixer
    name: stereo

Now I can see some mismatches, but the thing is also that I seem to not be able to edit without getting the "500 error, server got itself in trouble message."
It's also that every time I save, I cannot load the configuration back into CamillaDSP and the gui to edit, so I have to start from zero again, building the pipeline and everything. At least it doesn't load into the gui editor.

My platform is:

Release: 7.2.1 2021-05-06
   RaspiOS: 10.6
   Linux kernel: 5.4.77+ #1371
   Platform: Pi-B 2.0 256MB
   Architecture: armv6l
   MPD version: 0.22.6_p0x3

This is likely your problem...

Code:
Platform: Pi-B 2.0 256MB
Architecture: armv6l
Too little RAM coupled with a slow Architecture: armv6l
----------
bob
@DRONE7 is right. And also, if I remember it well, the supplied camilladsp with moOde is build for Pi3 and higher.
Even stock CamillaDSP is built for Pi 2B and above....(from https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp#s...quirements)
Quote:System requirements

CamillaDSP runs on Linux, macOS and Windows. The exact system requirements are determined by the amount of processing the application requires, but even relatively weak CPUs like Intel Atom have much more processing power than most will need.

In general, a 64-bit CPU and OS will perform better.

A few examples, done with CamillaDSP v0.5.0:

A Raspberry Pi 4 doing FIR filtering of 8 channels, with 262k taps per channel, at 192 kHz. CPU usage about 55%.

An AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (laptop) doing FIR filtering of 96 channels, with 262k taps per channel, at 192 kHz. CPU usage just under 100%.

Linux

Both 64 and 32 bit architechtures are supported. All platforms supported by the Rustc compiler should work.

Pre-built binaries are provided for:

x86_64 (almost all PCs)
    armv7 (32-bit arm, for example a Raspeberry Pi 2,3,4 with a 32-bit OS)
    aarch64 (64-bit arm, for example Raspberry Pis running a 64 bit OS)
----------
bob
Only moOde doesn't use a stock version ;-)
(05-14-2021, 02:04 PM)bitlab Wrote: Only moOde doesn't use a stock version ;-)
Exactly Wink

My point to the op was that armv7 was the least Pi that it would run on in any o/s .
----------
bob
Photo 
(05-12-2021, 07:47 PM)bitlab Wrote:
  • change 'hw:x,0' to 'plughw:x,0'

This resolved my HDMI issue with mch output, many thanks!  Idea

BTW, there is a minor annoyance: In the Pipeline editor, On the Files tab, I can't delete obsolete config files.
On selecting them and pressing the garbage bin icon, nothing happens. Any idea?
(08-26-2021, 11:36 AM)nabussan Wrote: BTW, there is a minor annoyance: In the Pipeline editor, On the Files tab, I can't delete obsolete config files.
On selecting them and pressing the garbage bin icon, nothing happens. Any idea?

The delete button in the "Pipeline Configuration" section of the CamillaDSP Config page works.
----------------
Robert
Hello, I would be interested in using Moode/Camilla to create crossovers and output 6 channels. Seems that the sound blaster 5.1 would be a cute cheap soundcard for this.
Do you think it would be possible today? Reading this thread it is not clear to me if the issue of @katariat was solved or not...
Any idea if anyone managed to get multichannel output with any other card/dac? (multi spdif like the OP is not a valid solution for me)
Thanks!!
(01-08-2022, 03:15 PM)MRamone Wrote: Hello, I would be interested in using Moode/Camilla to create crossovers and output 6 channels. Seems that the sound blaster 5.1 would be a cute cheap soundcard for this.
Do you think it would be possible today? Reading this thread it is not clear to me if the issue of @katariat was solved or not...
Any idea if anyone managed to get multichannel output with any other card/dac? (multi spdif like the OP is not a valid solution for me)
Thanks!!

Will reply myself in case someone finds it useful.

Ended up getting a used Xonar U7 (old version, not mkii) and followed the instructions in post #8 and it worked the first trial! 8 channels out to experiment with Smile